Chapter Thirty

A/N: harry gif on the side ;)

Previously:

When he was far enough, I groaned, grasping my head in my hands and looking down. I leaned my head against the shelves, feeling my eyes burning with tears. I'm so fucking screwed because he can do exactly what he said. He can ruin my relationship with Harry in a heartbeat, and probably my entire life.

3 Days Later

Serenity;

I slipped on my shoes before rushing down the stairs. It was eight thirty in the morning, and I was supposed to be working today with my father at the restaurant. It was the usual routine for me now. There was barely anything I can do other than go workout with Emily or work. What's left is staying home, and it's been driving me wild.

Ever since I saw Derek at the pharmacy, I couldn't get him out of my head. I knew that I shouldn't put too much of my mind on him at the moment, knowing that my focus has to be on work or I'll screw something up during the day. I wanted it to go by as quickly as possible. God only knows what today has in store for me.

Lately, my luck hasn't been so good. I can't see Harry since he's with his friends most of the time, my parents are keeping their eyes strained on me, and Belle has been taking up Harry's schedule as well. She can't go to daycare because the building is under reconstruction. Both Harry and I this week haven't had time for each other.

I was in the kitchen when my mother walked in. Carelessly, I started to pour some cereal in a bowl when my mother spoke up. "Good morning, Serenity."

"Good morning, mom," I replied quickly, moving to the fridge but her hand stopped me. It was pressed against my shoulder, her eyes burning into mine.

I felt her finger poke at the bruise underneath my collarbone. Shit! I mentally shrieked, total panic screwing with my head. I should have payed more attention to it. That completely slipped my mind, and now she's noticed.

"What is that?" She asked slowly, looking down at the mark.

Nervously, I shrugged. The back of my neck began to heat up and soon enough I'll begin to sweat under this pressure; I know it. It's not like I haven't lied before, but something about this feels very different. "I don't know...maybe a bruise or something?"

"Do not play dumb with me." She harshly snapped, her icy eyes burning into mine. "Have you been seeing him?"

"I have not," I answered too quickly.

Mother clenched her jaw, looking physically furious as she is inside. "You hope I don't catch you doing anything you shouldn't, Serenity. Or it's Texas for you."

Texas. I gulped at the sound of it. In Texas, my mother's side of the family lives. They are religious just like my parents, but so much worse in parenting. Spending the rest of my summer in the intense heat of Texas with a leash around my neck sounds like the worst kind of punishment.

She simply watched me for a couple of seconds, my gaze blank and hers steady and firm. I watched as she walked away, her heels clicking like a time bomb in my ears. I wanted to scream out of frustration.