Chapter Nine

E V E R  wonder what Serenity looks like? There's a picture on the side but I imagine Serenity as Lauren Tallichet. By the way Lauren is beautiful. I can't get over it. 

This chapter was inspired by "Problem" by Ariana Grande because she's queen.  

At first I thought I was trapped in a hot, cramped car trunk. An iron grip around my body, hot air fanning against the skin across my collarbones. I dreamed of running through the beach, sand between my toes and sweat trickling down my forehead. Yeah, the problem with that was I wasn't being chased by a hot, shirtless guy. I was being chased by my mother, and in her hand she held something that looked like a high heel shoe. 

I woke up, a groan at my lips and my eyes burning from the brightness of the room. The same iron grip I felt during my dream was still there along with the hot breath that didn't hesitate to blow its chills up my spine as I lied down. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion before I realized that Harry was lying beside me, too close for my liking. 

Last night came crashing back down, and I honestly didn't have the energy to be rude, to tell him to leave. Nor was I going to shout because that would really attract my family's attention to my room. I was suddenly thrashing, removing the covers from my body in a struggle to leave Harry's arms. 

I squealed as I managed to push myself away, but ended up with a face full of cold hardwood. My nose scrunched against the floor, eyes shut as I suppressed a high-pitched squeal from leaving my lips. When I turned over to lay on my back, heart heavy in my chest, Harry was already leaning over on his elbows, watching me with tired eyes. 

His chestnut brown curls were a mess on his head, like usual, but even better strands were sticking up like I myself used a curling iron on his hair and he slept on them. I only stared startled, jaw clenched, and my hands resting on my chest. 

My breath picked up as Harry stared, highly confused. 

"Thank God for getting shitfaced last night." 

I breathed, lazily letting my head drop back onto the floor. Harry was thanking his tendency to get wasted because he ended up in my bed. I hope he doesn't think we did it or anything. Maybe he thinks I took advantage of him in the state he was...like he would have cared, anyway. 

A large grin spread on his face as he watched me. I stared back with the biggest, most annoyed scowl on my face. "You're so lucky I didn't leave you to rot on the streets." 

"I appreciate that," he nodded, before lying down again on my bed, staring at the ceiling in silence. I quickly got up, checking the door, and sighing in relief when I noticed I did lock it last night, probably without even thinking about it. It's a habit now. 

"You're not staying any longer. It's...," I turned, and reached for my phone. It read 10:30AM and I wondered why it was so quiet in my house. "Ten thirty and you need to go before my mom busts that door down." 

I reached up in the air, stretching my arms as a yawn left my lips. Groaning softly, I felt air swift across my bare legs and it just so happens that I'm in my underwear beneath this shirt. Shit fuck, I cursed in my head. Sighing heavily, I looked over at Harry to see the tiny little smirk on his face. He wasn't staring, but I knew he must have been three seconds before I turned to look at him.