Chapter Fortynine

fanfic tip (because people asked me to do these):

don't use the same girl everyone is using in their stories. find someone rare and fascinating to you. someone that fits the character the best. please DO NOT use the same girl as every other popular fanfiction. make up a girl with descriptions.

note// there are 11 more chapters left for Mercy. this story consists of 60 chapters, one epilogue, and probably one last part.

i dont think there will be a sequel. it depends. i have other stories i want to write and publish.

if there is, it might just be a book of deleted scenes. you know those "+" signs you see, well I might make a book of deleted scenes that i didn't write.

so? deleted scenes?

and 1M reads is incredible. thank. you. all. so. much

Serenity;

All I was thinking about was Elliot, therefore I hadn't remembered Harry isn't in the right circumstances to leave his house. I stopped rushing to get dressed, standing straight and resting my hands on my hips.

Harry was pulling on his shirt when I said, "Wait...you can't go."

He frowned, opening his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the realization that he is under house arrest. A groan emitted from his lips, total agitation collapsing onto his mood. "I fucking hate everything," he shouted, harshly tossing his pants to the floor. He looked like an angry little kid as he flopped down on his bed, face down.

It wasn't so much he was angry about not going to see Elliot, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even care. But, because it was now that it just set in he can't leave his house for the next two months. And in nearly two weeks I'm going back to school. My birthday is on the seventh of September, and Harry will still be under house arrest.

Harry sat up on his bed, crossing his legs and eyeing down the ankle monitor at his foot.

"I'll text Clary and see if she can get me." I shrugged it off, considering Harry's going to be in angry mood from now on.

He didn't bother to look up at me while he spoke. "You need to learn how to drive," he commented nonchalantly, "I need to teach you."

"You're a horrible driver." I teased.

A little smile curved at the corner of his lips. "I'm fucking amazing."

My phone vibrated from a text. I reached over for it and read the new message.

Clary: wtf Serenity. it's seven in the morning. you have the balls to wake me 👊😤

I knew she was going to be upset for waking her up this early. However, I convinced her to come pick me up and together we'd see what we can do to help Elliot. I didn't expect him to tell his parents any time soon. It must've been such a scary experience for him, and how his parents reacted makes everything much worse.

Harry watched me as I quickly dressed and fixed my hair in the bathroom mirror. He pouted at me for the time being. It's only the first day and already he's itching to leave the house. Can't imagine how bad it'll be tomorrow.

"Stop looking at me like that," I demanded playfully. My index finger jabbed into his toned, bare chest. He sighed heavily at me, continuing his dramatic act of despair and boredom.

"I want to go with you." He stated like a five year-old.

I kissed his cheek quickly, my tone lowering into a warning. "Don't leave this house. Harry, I swear. If you leave, you're in trouble."