Chapter Thirtyone

A/N: smut. harry gif ;) if you see a lot of censored words it's bc wattpad was going to rate this story R and i didn't want that

Serenity;

I hate a lot of things. Much of those things are naturally given the need to be disliked, and others are just little things that irritate me. My luck, however, is rarely likable. This can't be happening right now, I thought to myself. F*ck everything. We're so unbelievably stupid. Harry just had to show up tonight, Willie just had to see him, and I just had to f*cking act like everything was okay when really I'm being eaten from the inside of all my sanity.

My past is killing me. I can't escape the profounding damage that it's willing to cause all because Derek came back to control things. He's always been a control freak. Wanted everything his way until there was nothing in the way of getting what he wants. It's my own fault for everything that's been happening lately. I can't be happy is the problem. Whenever I'm happy there are so many obstacles in my way.

But, I'm determined to get my ass out of this one.

"God damn it, Harry. Really?" I whispered, my tone seeming like I was shouting. In fact, I wanted to shout. I wanted to scream out until my lungs couldn't take it anymore and I'd implode. There was this undeniable urge to crawl six feet under instead of having it done for me. I'm heading there anyways.

Harry shrugged his shoulders, placing his hands over his face. We don't have time for this.

"Get in my closet." I ordered him, which he only nodded his head at and followed my instructions. He clearly still was a bit off from the weed and alcohol, but I'm glad he's cooperating right now or things would be going much worse.

I rushed down the stairs the second he closed the door and encased himself in my closet. It was shocking enough he fit. At least something is going well at the moment. As my head spinned with nervousness, my legs took me into the living room. The door was wide open, my parents however, nowhere in sight.

Relief washed over me. They were probably getting something out of the car, which bought me some time to get Harry's cell phone and sprint back up the stairs. In the action of doing so, I spotted Harry's phone on the coffee table where he said he had left it, grabbing it and breathing in deeply. My foot hit the first step before I heard the car door slammed close again. It would take my parents at least ten seconds to walk from the driveway to the front door.

I ran as fast as I could, my heart in my throat, and my calves burning from moving so fast. In the attempt of sneaking into my bedroom, I was greeted by the sight of Harry leaning against the wall instead of being hidden in the closet where he should have been,

Angrily, I grabbed his hand and slapped the phone against his palm. I was angry at him for doing what he did tonight, I was anxious, distraught, and beaten down by my life.

"Just go, please." Even though I'm worried about him, I can't explain all my emotions at once. They're just jumbled up feelings making more problems for me. I can't deal with him right now. Just not now.

Harry just nodded, his voice not surfacing. I watched him open the window and step out into the fire escape, not a playful grin on his face nor a pleading to get kissed like he'd usually do. He was exhausted, still off from the substances, and I know he himself was upset. I know I can't control what he does, but it kills that he doesn't listen to me or what I have to say. I'm only doing it because I don't want him to get arrested.

I closed the window, breathing in and hoping for the best.

+

Today had me on edge. My mother was screaming at me, my father would constantly tell me to do this and that, Willie wouldn't stop touching dangerous kitchen utensils, and everyone else simply got on my nerves. Tiffany wasn't at work today, and she is probably the only sense of comfort that I have here.