Chapter Fiftysix

note// holy shit Four four four four...omg four. No Control is so perfect holy ham

        so listen to it during this chapter. I'm trying not to have heart failure while writing. 

        "Keep the noise down," I warned the hissing group of friends and the married couple. Their hands were busy grasping the toilet paper rolls as my own had been. This is the moment when I realized revenge isn't really revenge if you don't enjoy it with those you love. 

        I've also realized I'm never going to grow up, and my immaturity will probably feed off my eagerness to get back at others. But Niall is twenty-two, and here he is giggling about throwing toilet paper around Renee's house at two in the morning. 

        I'm learning to accept the fact that I'm always going to be a child at heart, and according to Harry there really isn't anything wrong with that. There will be times I will have to be an adult, but as of right now I'm in love with being young. I'm learning to appreciate my youth instead of moping around during it. 

        "Nothing better than spending the last day of summer throwing toilet paper at some hoe's house," Clary sighed heavily, grinning to herself with gleaming eyes. 

        Louis whispered to Marisol, "Hold on, let me wipe my ass on them." 

        Niall laughed as Harry whacked Louis's head. My boyfriend slipped his arms around my waist from behind, smirking into the skin of my neck and whispering, "We're children." 

        "Pretty obvious by now," I laughed quietly, smiling lightly. 

        Emily and Zayn were crouched down by some bushes, being two loyal lookouts. I feel this rush of mischief and energy inside of me. Even though we all admitted in the end this is just really childish, we couldn't pass the offer to do something idiotic one last time

        Toilet paper flew through the air, Niall's laughter audible in the night air, and our countless pants airing out. We ran the perimeter of her house, containing our chuckles while Niall carelessly outdid himself this time. 

        A kid named Liam of my age joined us tonight, because apparently he and Harry have become quite good friends. 

        Harry grabbed my wrist and pulled me aside, watching all of our friends outdo themselves with toilet paper. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zayn and Emily join the riot of rolls everywhere. 

        "Aren't you glad I'm off house arrest early?" He smiled sweetly, eyebrows raised. 

        "Very. What happened that got you off of it so quickly?" I frowned in confusion. 

        He shrugged his shoulders, eyes watching a roll fly through the air. Just now I realized how much money we really spent on toilet paper rolls. Harry then gazed back down at me, grinning. "Liam's a pretty cool dude." he hummed as a reply. 

        "Guys, c'mon! I'm going to piss on them and stick them to her windows!" Zayn shouted excitedly. I shushed him immediately, although not being able to hold back my laughter. This was such a bad idea, and like many bad ideas, there's always a lesson learned.

        Don't ever let Zayn get overexcited with practical jokes. 

        We ran around and flung missing pieces everywhere, not baring the thought that someone else could be watching. At this point, that didn't matter anymore. I climbed on Harry's back while the rest of us shrieked and laughed as the lights turned on through the windows on the second floor of the house. 

        "Oh, shit!" Louis cursed, grabbing Marisol's hand while Niall hopped right over a large shrub and effortlessly landed in a safe crouch. He whipped his head back up and let out a breathless woo! 

       "Niall, mate, that was sick!" Liam laughed. 

        "I know! I almost killed me-fucking-self." 

        Our footsteps hit grass. The night was reviving and beautiful. The air hit my lungs like a relieving force. I just smiled at the adrenaline rush running through my veins, grinning to myself as Harry ran with me on his back, the rest of them trailing behind us. 

        We took the lead and turned the street, all hopping into Clary's jeep. This was my last night of summer vacation. These were the last few moments of my summer vacation before I was a senior, and will spend a whole other ten months in school. 

        I sat on Harry's lap and encouraged Clary to start driving, and when she did, I leaned back into Harry's chest and tried to catch my breath just like everyone else. I felt Harry's hot breath fan against the skin of my neck, his arms going around my waist and holding me there tightly. 

        "We're a bunch of crazy sons of bitches." Niall sighed heavily, shaking his head and leaning back into his seat.

        The arrangement of our seating was highly dangerous because not all of us were wearing seat belts, we were squeezed against each other, and we could get stopped by the police, but at this point no one really payed mind to that since we were just arriving at Harry's house, where everyone had left their cars. 

        "I know," Louis agreed with a slight nod. "But I'm scared right now because I just pulled a muscle in my leg and I can't move." 

        We watched as Zayn was stuck carrying Louis to his car because Niall and Harry refused to deal with him at this time. 

        -

        The next day, Belle was beginning to learn her ABCs because Anne thinks its good for her to start them even though she's just four. She'll be doing pre-school in the fall, too. She was too engrossed with the learning blocks, that she ignored Harry and I when we walked through the door with bags of Chinese food. 

        "So what do you think Renee's reaction was?" Harry asked nonchalantly, opening the box of rice. 

        I stood beside him, eager to eat, but willing answering him. "I don't know. She's not the brightest crayon in the box, so she'll probably get angry about it and spend the rest of her days figuring out who did it." 

        "That's so true," he murmured. "And...sad." 

        With a soft laugh, I shook my head and smiled when he leaned down and kissed my lips. "I love you," he murmured. 

        "And I love you, monkey," I chuckled, watching his content smile turn into a playful scowl. 

        "Seriously?" 

        "Mhm," I hummed, pecking him one more time before fully backing away. I watched him struggle with the box of rice for a second before I said, "Having trouble there, baby?"

        Harry stopped trying to pry open the box and looked up at me, his pale green eyes deeply looking into mine. "I'm a grown man. I can open a box of Chinese rice, goddamn it!" He cursed, now furiously trying to get his long fingers to open the box, which wasn't complicated at all, but he was missing the entire point. 

        I smiled at his stupidity, finding it adoring. I waited a couple of more seconds before he groaned and peered up at me, handing me the box of rice and whining out, "Open it for me." 

        I took it from him with a smirk. As I went to open it, he said, "It's not fair. You have little hands. Like really cute ones, too." 

        "Not the hands thing again." I warned him playfully. 

        "But they're so cute, c'mere." He spoke like a baby to me, reaching over to grab my hands, but I hastily pulled them away and took the rice with me. "Ey, come back here with my food, woman!" He shouted at me. 

        note// only four more chapters left. literally gonna tear up right now. stick around for the ending ;)