Chapter Fortyseven

Serenity; 

I was panicking the second I hung up the phone with Anne. She promised to be there as soon as she could to come get me. She promised it’d be sorted out, and that everything will be okay. But really, when are they really okay?

I didn’t want to seem completely pessimistic, but I’ve always been that way anyway. I’ve tried to think of all the good things, but the more thoughts that filled my head, the worse it all began to seem.

First, I thought of getting dressed. I threw on what I had last night -- the only clothes available to wear. I glanced at Harry’s remaining clothes and folded them. Just the scent that lingered on them of him made me angrier at the thought that one of our idiots ex best friends could be the mastermind of it all.

Derek didn’t do it. I’m so sure that kid knows, even with a lawyer and a political man as his parents, he would not tell a soul what happened at the party. Because he would be in a lot of shit himself. It just can’t be Derek.

It could be my mother, or my father. But they promised not to interfere, and they seemed set on it. I highly doubt it was my parents.

Then there’s Renee, and Wayne...or maybe even Zayn. But it’s clear to me that whatever Renee had to turn Harry in for, was obviously too impossible considering how stupid she is. She wouldn’t get away with anything, and she must’ve given up already.

Wayne wouldn’t wait this long to get his revenge. He’s hot-headed and impulsive. If he wanted to get revenge, he would’ve done it weeks ago. And Zayn knew our location, and knew that we would be together last night. However, he had no reason to even try and turn Harry in now that everything was all at least okay for the most part.

None of this makes any sense.

I stopped freaking out when I heard Anne, with her own set of keys, walking into the living room. She called out my name a few times, worried sickly of me. I sounded like I was having heart failures while on the phone with her, so it would be most likely she would show up with concern.

“Yes?!” I called back, rushing out of the bedroom once I collected Harry things. I’m half way down the corridor when she turns the corner and finds me. She immediately sighs in relief.

Her arms wrapped around me tightly. In a way, it was comforting to receive a caring, warm hug from a person like Anne. She pulled away from our embrace, holding my shoulders and looking at me.

“Darling, I’ve already gotten on the phone with plenty of people and you don’t need to worry. Apparently, it seems as if one of Harry’s arsehole friends had told on where they got their marijuana from.” She explained briefly. “They’re not bringing it into court. It has been decided, with the number of offences Harry has, that he will be put under House Arrest for two months.”

I parted my lips in a bit of shock. “Okay,” I breathed, slowly processing her words. “House arrest? For two months?” I inquired, looking for a way to sound less disappointed. At least he’s not getting sent to jail. There was a bright side to this. I’m just worried the more time he spends at the police station the worse.