Chapter Twentyfive

Important A/N at end

Serenity; 

Harry threw his keys on his dresser. I sat down on the bed, blinking a few times to clear up my blurry vision. The ache in my head hadn't stopped, but I ignored it figuring it's only a bump. I hated to think she had hurt me in anyway, when clearly I've done most of the damage in the fight. I want to be the winner, even though it means nothing anymore. She'll probably try and make my life a living Hell but she can't possibly think it'll be that easy. 

I stared at the screen of my phone, seeing the caller ID was from my mother. Earlier today I put my phone in silent, devoting a day to just my friends. I had multiple missed calls from my mother, and I knew that if I didn't show up any time soon that she'd make excessive precautions to get me home. 

There was silence between us as Harry checked his phone, rubbing his eyes with his free hand. I went to get up and walk to the bathroom. At the moment I was craving a warm shower to wash away the dried blood on my skin or any other remains of the eventful day. I was thankful neither Belle nor Anne were home and we had the house to ourselves besides the workers. 

"Are you okay?" Harry asked from behind me. 

I knew I was walking a bit slow, dazed from my horrid eye vision. "Yeah, I'm fine. My head just hurts a lot." With that being said I went inside the bathroom, shutting the door and beginning to undress. Once I was inside the shower, letting warm water relax my tired body, I heard the door open along with Harry's footsteps. 

As soon as I heard a zipper and the sound of his piss hitting the water, I had to chuckle to myself. I'm running my hands through my hair with my eyes closed when I hear his voice just outside the glass sliding door of the shower.

"Can I join you?" He asked huskily. 

Rolling my eyes, I paused to think this. I was tired and not in the mood. "Harry..." I began. 

"I promise I won't try anything. I just want to hold you." I could hear the grin in his voice. 

Softy, I smiled to myself. Eventually, I gave in. He hissed a small 'yes' and began to undress himself. This is probably the first time he'll ever see me naked, but I wasn't minding it. We were both really confident around each other, which gave this no reason to be awkward. When the door slid open, Harry came inside only to soak in the figure of my body. 

I turned away, laughing when he said, "I said I wasn't going to try anything!" His voice became high-pitched, highly defensive. 

"I know. I just want you to control yourself. This was a bad idea," I explained, though I'm really amused this is happening. 

"Hey. I'm not a sex animal, okay? I have self-control," he snapped playfully. "Shower sex is still in my bucket list, though," he whispered in my ear lowly, making me laugh quietly to myself. I didn't take him seriously, but I had a feeling he was serious with  me. 

The running water began to fall on both of us the second he snaked his arms around my waist, our wet skin touching. I sighed heavily, closing my eyes and finding the pounding still in my head. Harry's head lied on my shoulder, his lips kissing my neck softly. I felt relaxed and peaceful under the warm water with Harry's affectionate gestures present. 

We stood there in silence, breathing in deeply and finding absolute content between the walls of a steamy shower. I winced to myself as my head suddenly ached harshly, earning the attention from Harry. "I told you we should have gone to the doctors." He whispered to me. 

"I'm fine. It'll go away," I murmured back, feeling his hands rest on my bare hips, squeezing softly. His fingertips grazed my skin so softly if it weren't for sense of touch on high right now I would have never known he was touching me to begin with. I can feel at peace with him here, feeling all my troubles go away. But they're only a second away.