Chapter Three

sorry for typos. didn't edit. wrote this in two days.

Clary giggled in her car, whispering dirty song lyrics to herself and humming. Although she was probably fucking wasted, she drove like a pro. Years of practice, let me tell you. I looked back at her, trying to not be concerned, but I couldn't help feeling like she should've gotten someone else to take her home.

"Later, Clary," I waved at her, climbing out of the jeep with her soft giggles in the background. Barefoot, I walked towards the side of my house, planning on climbing up the fire escape.

I sighed deeply, looking up at the window I'm supposed to go through on the second floor. My house had to have high roofs for no apparent reason. In this case, unfortunately, I had to prepare so I don't end up breaking bones on my journey.

Huffing (clearly irritated), I tied the laces of my wedges, and hung them on my neck to allow the freedom of both hands. I jumped quickly, grasping the metal latter and gasping at the upper body strength I had to have for this kind of stuff.

Once I was on the small platform, I opened the window with great caution. I slipped into it, revealing my dark bedroom the exact way I had left it. Clothes tossed lazily outside the hamper that was knocked over and books everywhere. Inhaling deeply, I closed the window and began to remove my clothes.

The little moonlight that slipped through my window was my only guide where to step. I knew once I climbed into my bed, another successful Friday night was made.

+

On Saturday's my mom does the food shopping, and I unfortunately am dragged to run errands for her on one side, and she covers the other. I sighed deeply in annoyance. Every Saturday was the same, but what am I supposed to do? My mother is a freak show on two feet.

I looked down at the list of items I'm supposed to get near the isle of freezers. Plain chocolate ice cream for my very cold-hearted mother, Popsicle for my quiet little brother who was the perfect child born destined to fulfill God's good will, and pineapple ice cream toppings for my p*ssy of a father.

The list wasn't even that short, either. There were other things I had to get, which none were my desire. I didn't like plain chocolate ice cream. I wasn't even allowed to eat half of these things without being called out on my weight. If I may say so, I'm pretty thin as it is.

Chuckles and giggles to my left. A familiar squeal of laughter. Deep voice I profoundly wanted to forget. And shit, I turned and saw Clary with the three tatted guys my mom would faint to see about seven feet from me.

My eyes widened, I was so unlucky. For a very religious family, God didn't really do well for us. I turned back, praying Clary didn't recognize the ugly flats I wear or my brown hair. I'm sure there are a lot of girls with brown hair.

Not many with those hideous baige flats, though, my conscience laughed at me bitterly.

You're a bitch, I shot back, rolling my eyes particularly at no one but the various boxes of frozen treats in front of me.

I begged in my head for her not to notice me, but obviously she did. "Serenity!?"

No. I decided not to turn around and face those criminals, and face my best friend who loves the thrill of hanging out with the guys I just warned her about. No one ever listens to me, but apparently when half of my ass is hanging out they certainly do.

"Hey," she said a lot softer than before, now that she was reaching for my shoulder. Her dark hair was pulled back into a messy pony tail, big eyes shining bright with amusement.