Chapter Twentyseven

A/N: Let There by Rock by AC DC (this song just gives me the biggest urge to scream and spray paint a public building) and Come Out and Play by The Offspring is perfect for teenage rebellion in case anyone wants to rebel against their parents and get piercings. ;D

Serenity Gif on the side

Harry; 

I sat in the kitchen that night, playing with an apple. Throwing it in the air, catching it, and then the smooth movements in repeat. It was probably midnight. No matter how tired I was, I couldn't close my eyes and stop my brain from thinking too much. There was nothing to think about. Serenity was home, although away from me, she was safe and that's all that mattered. Her mother pisses me off to no end, but still I understand Serenity sees the reality of things. That is her mother and she can't really do much about it at seventeen. 

There was a silence, the one lamp turned on in the kitchen was dimly lighting the area. I sighed heavily, tossing the apple back into the white bowl in the middle of the kitchen island. Much was swirling around my mind, but pointless things that were dumb. Like, I missed Louis and Marisol's party and he probably hasn't called me to bitch at me because he's passed out and wasted. Or Serenity's little giggle still echoing in my skull from when I snuck into the restaurant. 

A light sound made me snap my head up. My mother stood there in a white sleep gown and her hair frizzy from sleep. She squinted at me a bit, frowning. "What are you doing up right now, Honey?" 

Honey. She hasn't called me the day she left for work and never said another word. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's taking the summer off and attending to us -- her family. She even invited my extended family for the fourth of July as well. But I'm still angry at her for the five years she avoided us from pain and the missed presence of my father. Despite my anger, I try to give her a chance. My father's long gone, and I'm not going to push away my mum, too. 

"Can't sleep." I murmured, rubbing my eyes with my hands and leaning against the island. 

Mum sat across from me on a stool, leaning her elbows onto the marbled surface. I felt her hands grab mine, and even though her touch is now foreign, it felt good to have some sort of comfort from her. I've missed her, and that's not a lie. She sent me a tired, sad smile. "Harry, you know that I never meant to leave you and Belle --" 

"Don't." I closed my eyes, sighing. I didn't want to hear what I already know. I opened my eyes, watching her silent and waiting for me to talk. "I know you didn't mean to. I was mad and I needed you when dad wasn't, but I'm fine now. I've grown and I'm understanding." 

"I was wrong, okay? Thank you for understanding, but that doesn't change the fact that what I did was wrong. My career shot up, and I went up with it, leaving you and Belle behind. I see you now, and I realize how much of your life I've missed. Christ, I didn't know you had a girlfriend before the other day. Belle's gotten so big, and if you weren't here I don't know what would've come out of all this," she said quietly, looking ashamed. She shook her head, breathing in before continuing, and patting her hand against mine. "I'm going to do everything I can to be there for you both for as long as I'm here on this Earth." 

I stared at her bright eyes, much alike to mine. Her sincerity is appreciated and her attempt makes me feel good. I'm more happy that she's even trying and she's not giving up. "Why did you change your mind so suddenly?"