Chapter Fortytwo

note // i want to say 10K is absolutely amazing thank you so much. and i've gotten comments when people say "serenity brags about herself" or they go into deep things about how she's conceited well...not every fucking character has to be excessively insecure i mean...lol c'mon it's a fanfic don't get so butthurt guys.

but i seriously i love you all
imma start doing "song of the day" thing so the song of the day is:

Undercover Martyn by Two Door Cinema Club -- fantastic song from an amazing band

Serenity;

    I should be worried, but to be completely honest I'm half dead from the few, emotional experiences I've endured so far. I'm just sick of having to hide everything. It's going to be out in the open already, so there is no point in lying anymore. It obviously has Harry's ID, credit card, or some other shit in there that will give away his identity. I'm not the smartest, but I'm not the dumbest.

    My lips pressed into a temporary line. "That's..." I sighed. "Harry's."

    "Yeah, I know! What's it doing in your room -- in our house!?" He roared. I saw in his eyes that he was purely pissed off by the fact that I let Harry inside our house, when mother directly told me she wouldn't hesitate to call the cops. Dad wouldn't consider it twice, either. His entire face was filled with rage, turning red at the ears.

    My shoulders raised in a shrug. "He...um...was here. Last night and this morning."

    The wallet fell to the floor where he had aimed to throw it at. His index finger proudly pointed in my direction as I shimmied in my seat a bit, holding the bowl of cereal. "Why would you ever let that lowlife, good for nothing in this house!? How dare you go beyond every rule we've set and let a boy into your bedroom?!"

    "Dad," I said calmly, only to be interrupted as usual.

    "Don't, Serenity!" He shouted. "You've crossed the line. What were you thinking?! What if Willie saw him?"

    It's a little too late. But it irritates me how they seem to talk about him. It's like they believe he's a murderer and he'll set fire to our possessions with one foot in the house. They are horrible to quickly judge him. I've done it, too, but I gave him a chance. It turns out he's someone very important to me. And it truly angers me how my parents think of him.

    I huffed. "You act like he'll kill someone!" The words came out much louder than I thought.

    His eyes widened a bit before he began to shake his head. "Maybe he is!"

    I stood up from my stool, bringing the empty bowl into the sink. Sighing and rolling my eyes while my back was to him, I turned on my heel and crossed my arms over my chest. I narrowed my eyes a bit, clearly annoyed with this already.

    "Judging people is wrong, you know that. Don't they talk about that at church?" I asked lowly.

    He scoffed. "This isn't about church. This is about you making a mistake. I already told you, you are not allowed to see him! And what do you do?!"

    "I'm eighteen in a month or so!" My own finger poked my chest. "You can't tell me I can't see him, dad. As a matter of fact, I won't. No matter what you say."

    My father rolled his eyes, chuckling bitterly. "Serenity, you are so naive. And innocent. You have no clue what guys of his type him are like. Trust me, he's taking you out and making you laugh now. But later on he'll drop you and go for the next girl."