Chapter Fiftynine

Harry; 

I didn't know how to feel in a car with her parents. It was odd, considering these were the people who wanted to rip my head off my neck the second they found out I was seeing their daughter. 

"So, Harry...your jersey. Is that one of your favorite college teams?" Her father asked me. I was completely stunned that he was obviously trying to make conversation with me, that Serenity had to squeeze my hand to get my attention.

"Uh, actually I'm playing for them this year," I told him.

His eyebrows raised. "Really? I'm impressed. That's my favorite college team."

I forced a smile and a nod. Her mother turned in her seat to face us. She had some of Serenity's features, which were less intimidating than her father, who was not even making eye contact with me. "So this means you'll be going to college?" She asked. 

Serenity beside me growled beneath her breath. "Yes, mom. It does." 

She beamed at us. "That's great! I'm happy to see young people taking their education seriously." 

This was awfully strange. Serenity gazed at her with a frown, furrowed eyebrows included. "Mom...I appreciate your effort, but this is really weird."

"I know. It is for us, too," her father added. "But...we had to meet properly at some point. Can't make things better without putting in effort." 

"Thank you, sir," I began. "This means a lot." 

On my other side, sat Willie, who had fallen asleep in his car seat. This little guy reminded me of Belle a bit, and I smiled down at the sleeping boy. I felt Serenity entwine her fingers with mine, causing me to turn to her. She was staring out the window, in her own thoughts I didn't find necessary to interrupt. 

Sleeping in my house is like asking for it to rain cash. There was hopping on my bed, someone's hands shaking me roughly. I knew it wasn't Belle. No way she was strong enough to almost knock me off my bed. 

"Can you stop," I groaned huskily into my pillow, feeling my covers being pulled from my body. The air hit my legs and instantly caused my skin to chill. I hated the fact I was always so cold in the morning. 

A pair of lips kissed my ear, body weight on top of mine. "How are you going to ignore your baby on her birthday?" She giggled into my ear. 

My lips turned into a tired smile, figuring I should get up now. She has no clue why I had overslept to begin with. I spent all last night planning this.

Of course, I came across certain hardships like her mom disliking a number of her friends, or how she didn't want to deal with a mess, but it was the only way she'd be at whatever birthday party I was planning. Her father didn't care about her friends, he only wanted her to be home. 

I turned around and wrapped my arms around her waist. She laughed loudly as I squeezed her and placed kisses all over her face. Gazing up at her, I murmured, "Happy birthday, my baby." 

Her hair was straightened and she had done some of her makeup. She looked gorgeous as usual. "Thank you, my cuddle bug," she teased. "Now, how are you still asleep? It's noon." 

"Well, I spent all night planning for today, so you tell me. And how did you get here?" I asked her, letting my hands rest on her bum, like usual. 

She hummed. "Clary drove me here. She's more impatient than usual, so if I were you I'd get up and shower and get dressed." 

"Kiss first," I puckered my lips, and she rolled her eyes with an evident smile before she gave me a sloppy kiss. 

I was getting out of the shower and wrapping a towel around my waist. I exited my bathroom and saw Serenity had picked out my clothes for me. Seriously, she's killing me. I love her so much I'm allowing her to pick out my clothes.