Chapter Six

"Finally," I breathed as the bell rang for the last period of the day. The last period until September when I'm a senior in high school. It was officially summer, and the burdens of school work and testing rose off my shoulders like the wings on an angel. It was a beautiful thing. 

But it wasn't as beautiful as the sight of leaving the building, shrinking from its original size as my mother drove off down the road. I won't be in there for about two months, and the glory of it all was better than getting rid of Harry Styles. 

He hasn't bothered me in a week. The week after my finals were done, he disappeared and if I catched glipse of him on Saturday nights, and he saw me, he'd do his best to avoid me with an obvious, huge scowl on his face. I could tell that bitch that I'm not pleased either. It wasn't my fault he showed up at my house claiming he needed help when really he was trying to push my buttons. 

Oops, sorry I shed a tear of anger around you, asshole. 

I was off punishment though it still felt like complete Hell. Another month, and in August I'll be eighteen. I could drop out of school, but I knew better than that. Although the thought seems tempting, I'm not willing to end up like Harry, especially because my family isn't rich like his. I'm not a total idiot even though my mom's convinced herself I am and I have no idea what sex is. 

Apparently she hasn't heard of health class before. Back in her time, it wasn't a good thing to be taught these things. 

When I got home, I threw my bag on my bed and myself afterwards. I was exhausted and not in the mood to babysit Willie because my parents were in the mood to screw each other tonight. The thought made me want to puke a little, and I swear I felt the hot bile rise up my throat before I swallowed it back down. 

Everyone was out tonight, and I wasn't going to do anything. I know Clary won't be visiting me tonight with the rest of her precious clique because she texted me there was an insane party. It was funny how every other party thrown was insane. It was Renee's party this time.

Renee Beikin was a super skinny girl with nothing in the front nor any "junk in the trunk". Somehow people thought she was attractive. Sure she was pretty, but she'd throw herself onto any guy. One time she came rushing to me so I could join her and go to the "special clinic" to get a check up. I told her to go to that gynocologist and herself checked because I'm sure too much d*ck was bad for you. 

Obviously, she didn't take the hint.

It's not that I didn't like her, because she was one of my friends, yet she came off as a bit too much sometimes. She irritated me at odd times when I'm at my happiest. Renee always seems to disagree with everything I have to say. I never really came to her for anything just because of that. 

I sighed deeply, feeling upset that I was left out of all the fun. Elliot can't come and cover for me because he's at a late evening church class he was forced to go to. I'm a little concerned my mom will get ideas from Elliot's and take me along those Friday night classes to get my brain washed with things I didn't really care about; to be completely honest. 

My bedroom door suddenly swung open. "Serenity," my mother called from the door.

I didn't want to sit up and turn to her, but I knew she'd comment if I didn't. Rolling my eyes, I turned my body over to face her stolid face. She always had a serious expression plastered on her face around me. I don't know what her problem was with me, but she refused to think anything I said was funny nor did she tolerate my explanation -- always saying I was "back mouthing" her. Well guess what mom, I was back mouthing something else the other night. 

"Yes, mother?" I breathed, almost sounding sarcastic. But I held that in, trying to suppress my annoyance with something more appropriate to her. I brought it upon myself to do everyone in town a favor by cutting back on my "talking back" so they didn't have to watch my mom shower me in holy water at the church. You'd think I was joking. Ha. Not really.