Chapter Fortyfive

note // this chapter barely gets dirty but yk Horny Harry.

Song of the Day: Ignition (Remix) - R Kelly [old song but it's still my jam]

Serenity;

It was seven o’clock when my mother finally decided to enter my room. Harry tripped over a shoe, almost fell head first into the fire escape, and made me snort multiple times all in ten seconds.

I settled down and inhaled deeply, falling back onto my bed once the window was closed. Mother entered the room quietly, finding herself a comfortable spot to sit on at the edge of my bed. I really don’t want another lecture, another argument, or anything in which we all already knew.

“Have any plans for this weekend?” She asked slowly, turning to look at me. Her bright blue eyes reminded me of Willie’s. There was a tiny difference in them, however. Hers were filled with experience, and stress. Frustration and exhaustion. The bags under her eyes told no different story.

Willie’s were innocent, wide, sparkly, and full of thought. Wondrous and questioning, undoubtful excitement.

I shrugged my shoulders. I was being legitimate with her nowadays. There wasn’t anything I found necessary to hide anymore. Everything was out in the open. “I guess I’ll be spending time with Harry.”

Not hours ago even had we both told each other we love one another. I couldn’t put in words the happiness that had me wanting to run around and scream, but suppressed the emotions of excitement to avoid questions. If I mentioned to her that he said he loves me, she’d laugh and tell me my head is purely filled with lies.

“Harry.” She repeated emotionlessly. “What do you see in that kid again?”

I sighed deeply. “Mom...there isn’t much left to say. I said everything I could.”

She shook her head, a frown lacing her lips. Not an angry one. A tired one. One filled with her dislike, but also her hopelessness. I want her to feel like she can’t change my mind. I want her to give up. Not on me in general, but on separating me from Harry. 

He’s not the brightest crayon in the box, but I sure as hell love him.

“You’re not going to give up are you?” Mom breathed.

“Not at all.” I replied firmly.

A huff escaped her lips before she stood up and turned to fully face me. “IF...IF...you’re sure this is going to go somewhere. Whatever you both have going on, you need to promise me something.”

“Sure. Anything.” As long as they’re not meddling with my relationship, I’m definitely okay with whatever I need to promise her.

“You won’t get pregnant.” She said quickly. “Please, please, at all cost, avoid that. Pregnancy is the last thing you need. And I’m more certain that he won’t stay with you if so and so happens.”

I bit my cheek, annoyed with the last of her words, but I nodded and founded easy to promise her that I won’t be getting pregnant any time soon. We haven’t even had sex, so there isn’t anything to worry about.

Shortly afterwards, she left my room.

+

“Pssttt, Serenity.”

“Serenityyyy,” a soft voice whispered.

I groaned a little, scrunching my nose up and peeking an eye open. The slight burn in my eye faded almost immediately as I adjusted to the new light. Willie came into view. I watched him carefully, squinting now with both eyes open.