Chapter Thirtytwo

A/N: writing this chapter was like laughing at your own text before you even send it cuz ur just so damn funny.

there's an amusing gif of Serenity on the side, I'm actually laughing a lil bit

be patient Harry and Serenity moment does show up in this chapter shhh

Harry;

She looked too peaceful to wake up. Her hair carefully spread across her pillow. I noticed now how her usually light skin was tanning from the summer sun. The freckles across her nose dotted darker than before from the rays of sunshine. Her long, thick eyelashes were curled up even in her sleep, her little mouth parted as she slept.

It was about eleven in the morning, and I didn't want to leave her there on her own. Trust me, I'd want to stay cuddled up on her bed forever, but I had to leave before I caused more trouble.

Even if she insisted that the door was locked, I'm pretty sure some horrible shit would happen anyway. I want to avoid that at the moment, especially after doing something as risky as fucking with Derek's family property.

I pressed a kiss to her cheek, watching her nose scrunch up in that way that makes me smile. God, she's so cute. "I'll see you later, babe," I whispered against her skin. She wouldn't hear me; fast asleep as she is. But I said it anyway, kind of reassuring myself that I will see her again. This sneaking around shit is getting harder every day.

Quickly, I strode towards the window. I opened it and stepped onto the fire escape. The day was hot, the sun glaring down onto my skin. There wasn't a cloud in the damn sky. It called for a hot fourth of July weekend.

The holiday was just two days away. My mom and I don't even celebrate the fourth of July, but since all of my other friends do, we figured why not. We're British. We don't really have a political motive to even celebrate this shit.

But I'm still excited. Today's the day Gemma comes back.

I'm curious as to what she looks like and what she's done with her life. Had she dyed her hair a different color? She looks older, right? Of course she does, I spat at myself. As I jogged to my car I parked a few houses down, I thought about the last terms we were on.

Gemma left one night while we were asleep, therefore causing my mother to shun me out more and my life to become more of a wreck. I needed her to stay, but I guess the only solution she saw was to run away from her problems.

I placed hands on the steering wheel, pressing the gas pedal just as my phone began to ring. Groaning, I slid my hand into my pocket and pulled out my cell. With my eyes still focused on the road, I slid my thumb across the screen to answer it.

"What?" I answered.

"Really? Is that how you answer the phone, Harold?" My mother sassed. If I'm not mistaken, Belle's probably inheriting this 'sass' from mum. "Where are you right now? You've been gone since last night."

I rolled my eyes, otherwise pleased that she's beginning to call me and worry about my whereabouts. It kind of makes me feel like I'm important to her. "I was with Serenity. I'm driving home right now."

"Oh. You spent the night with Serenity?"

"Yes..."

"Harry, I don't want grandchildren any time soon. So if your willy's coming out of your pants, you better wrap it up, monkey!" She exclaimed into the phone.

My eyes widened in horror, mouth parted that my mother just told me to wrap my dick up before I get Serenity pregnant. That image makes me shudder. Children is not what makes me queasy, but having the responsibility of my own is like another Belle. I'm a little happy with just Belle at the moment. I don't think I want children any time soon.