Chapter Fortyfour

note // the actual Lauren Tallichet (aka Serenity Carter the girl I chose to play her) is aware of this fanfic and im gonna cry

i haven't been on due to the fact that school has started for me and im sorry to say but..slow updates :(

Serenity;

I sat on my living room couch in an oversized sweater and spandex shorts. My parents are currently sitting across from me, serious faces gazing at me with little concern, but much anger. I think I’m about to get a lecture for doing nothing wrong these past two days.

It’s been exactly two days since my mother went to get me at Harry’s house. I had been staying home, slowly preparing for something awful to happen like it usually does. I haven’t been doing anything wrong, literally. This is the most calm I’ve been.

“We’ve been talking,” my mother began quietly. “And we’ve decided that maybe staying here in Cherry Grove is a bad idea. We think a few weeks with your aunt in Texas would be good for you.”

My jaw went slack, lips parting. I felt discomfort at their proposal, and my stomach made irritating swirls. I’m over shouting, fighting back, and swearing. I’m completely over that. I’m at a point where I think it’s best to just calmly react to every ridiculous word they have to say.

“I’m sorry,” I  said slowly, “But I’m not going.”

Dad frowned. “What do you mean you’re not going?” He retorted quickly. “I don’t think so. You do as we say.”

“Don’t you think you’re being a little too much? Both of you? I wasn’t raised to be a perfect little Barbie doll, and I think you guys know that,” I remarked, thinking to myself that I should watch my temper and the words that come out of my mouth.

Mother sighed deeply, shaking her head. “We see it as a good way for you to get away from that boy. He’s --”

I interrupted her effortlessly, finding that my words flowed with no regret and impulsive grace. “You don’t understand.” I said. “Whatever you do to get me away from him, isn’t going to work. What makes you think he won’t fly out to Texas to be with me? He’s not an idiot, neither am I.”

There was a look of so much emotion of distress and anger and sadness on their faces. They’ve been trying so hard to get me away from him, but this is where it needs to stop.

“You either accept that this is how I feel. Or you don’t. I’m not always going to be under your care. I’m going to grow up and I’m going to do things on my own. There will come a point where I won’t need you both, and then I will because you are in fact my parents. So maybe it’d be a good time to try and understand that. No amount of yelling, discipline, and lectures can keep me away from Harry.”

Both of my parents didn’t have much to say. And by the looks on their faces, nothing could really undo what I just said.

“It’s my decision,” I whispered afterwards.

A silence engulfed all three of us. In that room, at that moment, it felt as if we’ve turned the tables. I had the last word. I said something and they were the ones to try and listen and understand me. Come on, I’m getting a bit too old to be dragged to church every Sunday morning, to be yelled at for spilling orange juice. I’m not a little kid. They can’t expect to control me my entire life.