Chapter Nineteen

Serenity Ryan Carter is played by Lauren Tallichet (who is absolutely gorgeous oh my god)

"Okay, I'm not going to the Grammy's." I laughed at Emily when she pulled out the most beautiful, deep red dress I've ever seen in my life. It was long, a strip cut off to leave one leg out. It would work with people who have long legs, which mine aren't very showy and dashing, but it's whatever. I'd still wear it, though just not for this occasion. 

Emily put it back on the rack. We're in Macy's at the moment, looking for a dress that would work with my body. Harry didn't specify where he was taking me, but he hinted to throw something pretty on. I was questioning what to wear. I don't know how people just assume what to wear with "dress pretty". Pretty as in dressy or casual pretty? 

Sighing, I decided to text him. 

Serenity: Casual or dressy? 

Belle was next to me, swinging her legs back and forth and humming to herself. I waited for his text as I looked around the store, watching the endless racks of beautiful, elegant prom dresses to casual flowing dresses worn in the sun. I smiled to myself as I felt my phone vibrate, my fingers eagerly sliding and unlocking it. 

Harry: Dressy ;) & how's Belle 

I rolled my eyes, knowing he must be worrying about Belle again. I replied to him an okay and that she's fine. I even took the time to snap a picture of her sitting next to me and sent it to him after my text. Shoving my phone in my pocket, I joined Emily at the racks with Belle's hand in mine. 

My fingers fell against a certain soft material in white. I smiled to myself, biting my lip as I pulled it out of the racks in its hanger. The dress was simple but I can only imagine how nice it would look on me. I locked eyes with Emily, who dropped what she was doing and smirked at me with that psychotic look on her face. 

"That's the dress." 

+

We sat in the food court together, talking and munching on fries from Wendy's. With Harry's warnings it was almost impossible to forget what exactly Belle was allergic to, so you can only imagine how many questions I asked the co-workers. I didn't want Belle to have an allergic reactions, and neither did I want Harry hating me forever. 

I gave Belle my phone so she could distract herself playing some space ship game she found in the app store. Emily stared down at her fries, almost contemplating whether she should eat them or not.

"I hope Harry hit him hard." Emily murmured, rolling her eyes at the thought. 

Wayne deserves anything horrible that comes to him. I didn't think he was so insufferable, but he definitely is and he's proven it to the max. He's a horrible person and I wish the worse for him. As for Zayn, I don't know what to say about him rather than why isn't he chasing after Emily if he likes her so much? Tuh. 

"Eat the fries, Emily. I can't express this any clearer. You are not fat." I told her carefully, my eyes narrowing at her as I focused on my words carefully. "Harry is the biggest asshole when it comes to honesty, trust me, I know. He's honest...beyond loyal. He does not care about anything, you heard? Including my friend's feelings." 

Emily rolled her eyes, shaking her head and picking up a greasy fry in her hand between her baby pink finger nails. Honestly, it isn't the healthiest thing to eat, but whatever. It's food and it's good. So I'm eating it. "I'm just really hurt, Serenity. I haven't been called fat in the longest time. Ever since...you know, fifth grade. After that I just lost so much weight and then again someone comments on my weight. I can't help I have big thighs."