Chapter Fourteen

unedited

My back lied against the wooden dock, staring ahead at the bright screen of my phone. Harry lied next to me, our shoulders touching as he watched me go into my phone, and I carelessly allowed him to snoop through my business because I didn't really have much to hide from him. This time I wasn't topless, and though to his dismay.

I heard him a huff beside me. "Am I seriously a sloth for my contact picture in your phone?"

"Yes. I don't have an actual picture of you," I said casually, shutting off the screen of my phone before putting it down beside me. "And you do look like a sloth, so."

Harry scoffed. "Okay, thanks. Care to make me sound any less attractive?" Before I could open my mouth, he smirked and said, "On second thought, don't say anything. I might cry myself to sleep tonight if you say more."

Rather than just answering him I leaned my head onto his strong shoulder, clearly lazy enough to keep quiet. There was something really nice about being with him, although we can pull and tug on each other's buttons to the point where we're throwing text books at each other. There's this sort of pull, and this is why I've always been pulled to him in my worst situations.

"I'm still kind of upset," he whispered to me quietly, leaning his head on mine. Our vision remained on the sky that was not fully decorated with bright, glowing stars. Here and there a few were huge and shined the brightest, but not those abundant stars. 

My eyes narrowed, frowning a little in confusion. "Why?"

"You didn't let me kiss you."

I smiled against the soft, lightly tanning skin of his shoulder. "I said it wasn't going to be easy. Control yourself." I was trying to remain a normal start to something better. I wanted to do this slow, and hopefully he understands. I can't let myself rush into an actual relationship without knowing better. Harry and I are both very stubborn and complete hypocrites, and our relationship as friends or whatever was too dynamic. Keeping a good relationship with Harry will be tougher than what I'm expecting now.

He shook his head. "You know you want to kiss me. You're just torturing both of us. But it's okay, I understand." His lips pursed, not pleased with what he just said, obviously. I think we're two cavemen beating each other with thick wooden bats. I have the most apprehensive feeling this is going to be a disaster.

"You know," I started, chuckling already, "This doesn't effect me at all." 

"You're telling me? You're the one who was topless a few minutes ago." Harry remarked hotly, knowing he was on hot coal right now. He was right, but it wasn't necessarily because I couldn't resist him, but because I was trying to prove he couldn't resist me.

I scoffed a little, raising my head from his shoulder. My arm stretched out, my palm flat against the deck for support and leverage. I looked at his face, which he shot me a cheeky grin, eyebrows raised. "By the way, how's the sand up your ass right now?"

"I've been scratching it this entire time. I'm getting a fucking rash. Happy?" He spat at me, and I just noticed his hand down his swim shorts, regrettably staring before pushing away inappropriate thoughts away from my mind. "A great rash right at the crack of my ass and around my ass cheeks."