Chapter Fortythree

note // questions i've been asked and here are the answers

        the gif on the side explains Serenity in one i cant even lauren is bae.

        there will be a lot of text messages in this chapter. it's a little filler before i fall asleep on you guys.

Serenity;

    There’s not a moment of complete peace I can share with Harry without someone like my mother coming to disrupt my happiness. I felt my eyes widen a bit. Harry -- still above me -- frowned, looking as irritated as ever. I was, too, but the faster I dealt with her the better.

    “Are you fucking kidding me?” Harry hissed to himself.

    I sighed heavily, moving from underneath him to stand on my feet. Behind me, he said, “How does she even know where I live?”

    Just for a second, I was allowed contemplation. I thought about, and came up with the first thing that popped into my head. “Everyone knows where you live,” I told him, turning the knob of his bedroom door and heading out into the hallway. My hatred grew a little bit for my mother at the moment.

    I was on the first step back down when I saw her at the front door, arms crossed over her chest, furiously gazing around the house. At every other decorative item she saw she’d scoff and probably judge the family some more. She’s so unbelievable. She just hates the Styles family without a given doubt.

    Harry followed behind me as I descended the stairs. I caught her attention, and when we locked eyes she immediately opened her mouth. I prepared to hear some more bullshit pour out of her mouth. I know she’s concerned for me, but really this is too much.

    “Serenity, I hope you have everything gathered because we’re leaving. Come on,” she said quickly, not even bothering to look at the Harry, who stood behind me with his jaw clenched. He looked furious, but I don’t blame him. He probably has a strong disliking towards her.

    I raised my eyebrows. “Uh...why?”

    “Why?” She seethed. “Why because I’m putting my foot down, and you’re coming home. Away from this barbaric family.”

    Harry chuckled behind me, earning a burning, almost painful by the sight glare from my mother. He coughed and shook his head slowly, as if ashamed of my mother and her thoughts. I swallowed down my anger as I calmly stated, “I’m not going anywhere.”

    Anne stood at the entrance between the kitchen and the foyer where we stood. She silently watched the interaction, eyebrows furrowed in confusion and possibly offense by my mother’s words towards her family.

    “You are seventeen. You do as I say. I can’t continue to let you waste your time and get distracted by that little good for nothing,” mother snapped, feverishly straightening the strap of her purse on her shoulder.

    I scoffed at her words while Harry muttered, “Ouch,” sarcastically.