Chapter Thirtysix

It was dreadful to see Zayn so torn apart. I mean, you'd think we'd be angry at him for treating Emily that way, but unfortunately I feel sympathy for him. And by the looks of it, so did Emily. However, I'm still upset how long it took him to come back to her. He didn't bother to fight for her when he had the chance.

I think Niall is much better for Emily. Even if he hasn't asked her out yet, I'm still certain that Niall is million times more suitable for Emily. He's just more of her type. Zayn lost his chance is all I'm saying.

Harry didn't listen to my pleads to let them talk it out. I pulled on his arm, frowning at him. "Harry, stop it. Don't make a scene in front of your family and the rest of us."

He scowled. "I don't want him here."

"I know we're all mad at him, but do not make things worse by punching him." I warned lowly, narrowing my eyes at him.

He stared back at me with sarcasm. "What makes you think I'd want to punch him?" Harry mocked.

"Don't start." I scolded him. "And quit being childish, Harry."

"Do you really want to go there? Let's discuss the topic of maturity, Serenity. Since you're definitely the most mature one in the house," he continued to annoy me.

I just gave up and sighed. "Fine. Go make a scene and ruin this party for your sister and Anne, asshole."

Everyone else still remained in the living room despite Harry's abrupt little outburst. I rolled my eyes the second he went towards the front door, in spite of what I just fucking said. He was so stubborn, but I tolerate him because I want him so much.

Soon other people would start showing up, and I didn't want them to walk into the town's next headline story. Basically, I didn't want things to get too violent. I should have been wiser about leaving Harry to do what he wants. The idiot can get violent no matter how soft he gets with me.

"What's wrong with my brother?" Gemma whispered to me right before I could get out of the foyer. She stood with her arms crossed over her chest, looking concerned and worried.

I'm assuming she knows Harry's ways. "My friend Emily used to have this...this kind of relationship with a guy Harry doesn't particularly like." Was all I said.

Gemma nodded slowly, eyeing her brother and the two others at the front door. "Doesn't he ever learn? Kid has gotten arrested quite a lot. He always looks for trouble."

My eyebrows rose. "What's he gotten arrested for?"

"Stupid things, basically. Like getting into fights, possession of illegal substances, stealing when he was younger, and other little things that managed to get on his record." Gemma briefly explained, looking back at me. "I'm surprised you don't mind?"

I chewed on the inside of my cheek nervously. "I...I'm not the best role model either, I guess you can say."

She frowned a bit. "You've done the same?"

"No! No, I...I'm just not --"

Gemma held her hand up. "It's fine. Don't stress about it. I'm sure Harry knows what he's getting himself into. Trust me, as long as you're not dressed like a hooker, you can't be so bad. When I was your age, I was no angel."

"Everyone gets a little crazy when they come of age," Anne suddenly said from the kitchen. She simply glanced over at the door, my eyes following hers.

Harry stood in front of Emily at the moment, shielding her away from Zayn. They were talking, which was a good sign. I hope Zayn doesn't do or say something that ticks Harry off. Then again, Harry is awfully short-tempered.