Chapter Fiftyseven

Serenity;

"C'mon, get up, child," my mother pestered me at nine in the morning. I moaned into my pillow and tried to smack her hassling hands off of me. "Serenity," she laughed when I angrily snorted. "Lord, give me patience -- that boyfriend of yours is downstairs!"

At the mention of Harry, my eyes widened and I looked at her tiredly and shocked.

"You actually let him inside?" I asked her quietly.

Her bright blue eyes gazed down at me, her lips curved into a faint smile. "Unfortunately, yeah I did. Now get up and get him out of here."

"What happy stick is up your ass this morning?" I wondered out loud.

She scolded me immediately. "Language," she snapped. "And the boy brought me flowers and apologized for taking your virginity. That kid has guts. Admirable, really," she rambled.

I stared at her with parted lips, absolutely dumbfounded.

My eyebrows furrowed. "Alright..." I murmured to myself. "Tell him I'm getting ready."

"Okay. But hurry, your dad is eyeing him down like a hawk as of right now," she told me.

"Please don't do anything irrational," I told her as I got off the bed.

She stopped at my door. "Can't make any promises. You're lucky we're letting him inside our house."

I shook my head and decided on taking a quick shower. Then, I dressed in a pair of shorts and Harry's Green Bay Packers hoodie that he left the other night in my room.

My hair was a mess, but I combed through the damp hair and left it down, deciding on some mascara and a pair of sneakers in my closet.

I hurried down the stairs, seeing Harry sitting on the couch in a conversation with my father while my mother stared between them, alarmed.

"Look, I've made mistakes. God forgives, he doesn't hold grudges. You out of all people should know that," Harry told them sincerely, not a trace of amusement on his face.

My father unclenched his jaw as I appeared next to Harry. I sent Harry a nervous smile and he stood to grab my hand, placing a kiss on my temple.

"I guess the kid's right, Jessica. He only caused me the biggest migraine, but hey? In the name of the Lord, I guess he's alright," dad grumbled while he shook his head.

I stared with confusion. It felt as if I was dreaming. Something's a little off here, honestly. It seems to me like my parents have totally agreed to tolerate Harry.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked them quite nervously.

Dad gazed up at me. "I have a shot gun in the pantry. I'm agreeing to allow your relationship with this boy, so leave before I change my mind."

Harry's face visibly paled. "Okay, thank you so much, sir. But...um," he turned to me speaking quite frantically, "Serenity, baby. I think we should get going." I gazed up into his pale green eyes.

"Yeah, I agree." I grabbed his hand and turned to my parents. "I love you guys," I called out while Harry and I quickly moved towards the front door.

My mother sighed and called out, "We love you, too. But you better be here by lunch! We have many people coming!"

I called out an '0kay' before I shut the door. Harry then jogged to his car and we got going.

"Where are we going?" I asked him finally.

He shrugged his shoulders, eyes steady on the road. "Somewhere private?"

I didn't ask further questions as I leaned against my seat. While he drove, he grabbed for my hand and placed kisses over my knuckles. I smiled at his loving gesture.