64

[A/N it's Levi's birthday! what kinda book would this be if i didn't update on it :) | mature convos | enjoy!]

-Kaisa-

The sun wakes me up the next morning. Its rays shine through the windows, bringing the room to life. Underneath the sheets, it's warm. I'm held against the man I've yearned for while he runs his hand softly up and down my arm. My eyes flutter open, taking in my surroundings before my heart swells in joy.

"Good morning, Levi." I mumble, snuggling into his bare chest.

His left arm moves from my shoulder to my head, running his fingers through my hair, "Good morning, sleepy-head."

I hear his voice through his chest, vibrating with each word. By the sounds of his low rasp, he recently woke up too. Another wave of happiness overwhelms me, thankful that Levi's finally been able to get some rest. Goodness knows when the last time he slept was. Closing my eyes, I softly ask some questions.

"Levi?"

He hums.

I trace his defined chest with my fingers, "How long was I gone for?"

"A week."

I pop up to face him, leaning on my forearm, "A week?!"

He returns my gaze before stealing a glance below, "Yes, a week. Six days, to be exact."

I follow his eyes and realise I've yet to put on a shirt. I yank part of the blanket covering him to my front before continuing. His face drops slightly before bringing his attention to me completely.

"Why are you in such a rush to move?" Levi complains. He reaches out and engulfs me in an embrace. My eyes are wide open as I gently fall into him once more as he resumes the actions, playing with my hair as I lay on top of him. The blanket between us keeps me from him. I don't want to be far from him anymore; I've spent too much time avoiding these feelings, and now that I have them, I don't want to push it away.

I pull the blanket I've just put on from between us, letting our bodies touch completely. It's relaxing, comforting, and peaceful. For a moment, I forget about everything troubling me. Right now, everything is okay. In his arms, I am okay. But even if I am okay, it doesn't mean that others are.

"Don't we need to rush towards Historia and Eren?" My question is laced with worry.

"If someone at your level just came around, the likelihood of them coming around is unlikely. They probably used a special dart to knock you all out." Levi calmly responds.

The words give me relief, especially since I made the decision to leave before coming back for them. Levi does make sense, though. With this news, I close my eyes, resting peacefully with Humanity's Strongest underneath me. I can hear his heart up close, creating a beat for my own to follow. Its melody soothes me, almost lulling me asleep.

Levi's hand trails from my hair to my lower back, bringing back memories from a few hours ago. My cheeks flush, causing me to hide my face into him. Levi chuckles softly above me, his chest moving with every laugh. It's almost inaudible.

I softly pound my fist on him, "It's not fair!" I whine. 

"What's not fair, Kaisa?"

I roll my eyes before tilting my head upwards to see him, "You have experience and I don't." I pout.

His brows furrow, "Experience? With what?"

I motion my hand around our bodies, "This."

Levi's facial expressions don't change, "What makes you think I have experience with this?"