34

-Kaisa-

The sun's soft glow beams through the cracks of my curtains. I respond with a groan along with a stir in my blankets, burying myself further into my pillow to escape the vibrant rays intruding from outside. My body reminds me of the excruciating experience I put it through yesterday, almost making me regret going on the expedition altogether. Now awake, I hear the footsteps outside in the hallway calling me to get up from my slumber to deal with my duties for the day. I want to ignore them, but I know we have an important duty to execute today.

Annie Leonhart.

The female titan's alter ego who recently joined the Military Police from the 104th Training Corps. Yesterday in our meeting, we discussed a project to capture Annie to find some answers regarding her intentions and also the presence of others. The plan was to bait her with Eren, Armin, and Mikasa in hopes she'd help Eren escape from a false narrative we provided. After my experience travelling the night in titan territory and Hanji's discoveries with her two titans before they were killed derived a theory: titans require sunlight as their source of power. Therefore, by leading Annie into a cave—or for the sake of this quest, an alternate tunnel—we'd be able to prevent her from transforming. The probability of her complying with it seems unlikely in my eyes, but I suppose it's the best bet we have.

Remembering this, I sit up slowly in my bed, rubbing the exhaustion from my eyes. I open my green orbs and blink a couple of times to clear my vision a bit more. I yawn and let a soft sound out as I stretch my arms, feeling my muscles breathe for the first time today.

"You're up." A voice calls out to me. Still in my sleepy state, I lazily turn my head towards the sound and respond with a sound of confirmation while nodding. My hands drop after my reply and the sound of my arms hitting my blanket shake me out of my trance.

"Wait what?" I think aloud as my brain processes the situation unfolding in front of me.

"What're you doing here?" I mumble quietly, still tired.

"Came to wake you up, I'm surprised you didn't hear the door open." He stands up from his position walking towards my bed.

"Well, I'm sure my body was more concerned with repairing itself than listening for any stalkers." I accept the helping hand he's put out for me, knowing that my body is too weak to move on its own at the moment.

"What time is it?" I yawn through my words.

"Tch, have some manners, Kaisa." He scolds.

"Don't come into my room if you're going to tell me what to do." I snap.

"It's six in the morning." He ignores my retaliation and answers my initial question. I turn to the desk and realise the tea set has been put away neatly, along with the little hole in my wall.

"I put it away last night since you fell asleep. I can't believe you made a hole in the fucking wall." Levi reads my mind, letting out a little snicker at the end.

"Did you take the tea too?" I shuffle my way towards my drawer to grab my new clothes for today.

"I put it back in your make-shift, shitty safe." He responds.

"I bought it for you, you know." I say, pulling out a new white shirt.

"It'd be selfish to keep it to myself." He begins. "You don't need to wear your regular uniform—you're with me today. Erwin doesn't want either of us involving ourselves in combat." Levi informs.

"Lame." I put the shirt back in the top drawer before slowly bending down to open the next one, grabbing a cream coloured dress.

"Meet at the carriage after breakfast." Levi doesn't say bye as he shuts the door behind him, leaving me alone for the morning.

Longing to Be Known | Levi Ackerman x OCOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara