32

-Kaisa-

"Captain!" A scream calls out nearby.

I open my eyes and see familiar grey eyes peering down at me with concern written all over their face.

"Mikasa...You're okay?" I smile weakly at the young soldier.

"Captain Levi is here, he managed to grab you in time, right?" She ignores my question.

"Yeah, he did, but I'm guessing he went to fight the female titan." The words finally sink in when I realise this and immediately I find myself sitting up. I notice that the grappling hooks from my gear are perched into the trunk of the tree; Levi must have done that when I first lay here in the unfortunate event that I'd fall off. I retract the hooks and look at the young soldier who is standing above me.

"You're going to stay right here as a lookout. You're not going to engage in battle at all. Is that clear?" I command.

"But Captain I-" She begins.

"That is an order." I finally am on my legs with the help of the tree stump next to me.

"Top soldiers died to that thing because of ignorance, do not become one of them. Do not be a hero. Put your trust in Levi and myself; we'll take care of it." I firmly state.

She looks at my condition and clearly knows I am in no position to fight, that by going in would be a suicide mission. Unfortunately, that's just who I am.

"At the very least, we'll get Eren out of there, I promise." I nod my head slightly at the young soldier before jumping off the branch, engaging in battle once again. I'm not sure how long my body will be able to produce adrenaline before my body completely crashes, but it seems the little break that I was given thanks to Levi was enough to get my limbs moving again. Tch, that guy, always coming in at the perfect moment, how annoying.

Eren, the female titan, and Levi aren't far from where Mikasa found me, in fact, it's closer than I expected. It's here I see the female titan bite into Eren's nape, pulling his body out and holding him in her mouth. As I make my way closer to her, I see Levi's rolling technique being executed as I swing by, piercing his blades through her arm. I take the opportunity to speed up just in front of him and throw two blades into her eyes, this time, not missing my shots.

"We have 30 seconds until she has vision again!" I call out to Levi. He doesn't address my presence, but I'm confident he hears me.

Levi continues to slice across her body like bolts of lightning, not giving her a single moment to recover the slits on her tendons. From this, it's clear to me that he's not going for the kill, he's prioritizing the mission over his feelings. For him to get this far into the forest means that he's seen the remains of his squad members—he knows that I failed to keep them alive.

"You did a great job, Kaisa."

His voice rings through my body and fury burns throughout every fibre in my being.

Great job? I let three of your people die, how could you tell me such a thing, Levi? How could you say such things to me in the midst of my incompetence? Do you pity me? Do you hate me that much to give me fake consolations full knowing that Eld, Petra, and Oluo were dead because I wasn't good enough?! You asshole.

Nothing matters to me more than getting this kid out of this fucker's mouth. I propel myself into the air, giving myself the perfect position at the apex of my ark before I flip downwards towards heading towards the tendons of her jawline. I know that I'm too weak to use pure strength, so I use gravity to my advantage as I impale my blades into her flesh, scraping every single vein and muscle in my path straight to hell before pulling myself up and over to land on her nose, stabbing the same blades into her eyes. I yank my sword bases up after deciding to leave the blades inside and quickly pull out new blades from my ODM gear.