23

(A/N: i can totally see Levi saying "welcome home" in this gif. also, let me know if you're enjoying these frequent updates so far by voting and leaving me a comment :) enjoy~)

-Kaisa-

A headache grounds into my temples.

I faintly hear the shuffling of papers echoing through my ears but, I can't seem to open my eyes just yet. The ringing in my ears consumes me and I can only sit and suffer through the overwhelming senses. I groan in distress because the throbbing doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon and the pain increasingly becomes worse. The shuffling of paper stops, and I hear rushed footsteps near me.

"Kaisa!" A voice resounds.

I groan in response—my eyelids feel so heavy, they won't open.

"Kaisa? Are you awake?" I feel someone shake me slightly.

I don't know if I open my eyes because of annoyance or because I have an urge to throw up after being moved so quickly. I blink a couple of times, trying to settle my vision on a proper image but all I see is a slide shadow of someone leaning over me. White shirt, short black hair, I can't see their eyes, their face is covered.

"Le-vi?" I wonder out loud.

My eyes lazily open once more and I see Humanity's Strongest leaning over me with concern written all over his sharp features. His eyes dart back and forth between mine and to be honest it makes me a bit dizzy since it's too much movement to handle at the moment. I close my eyes and raise an arm to push his face away but instead I'm met with a reminder that the human body has limits, and when those limits are pushed, you get a one-way ticket to hell.

"Holy fuck, everything hurts." I complain, drawing my eyebrows near each other.

I feel a shift and so I take another look at Levi to see he's now leaning on his knees with his hands in his lap, head down. His body is tense and his fists clench for a moment before I see him relax next to me. It's my turn to search him for answers—I have no idea why I am laying here like a sack of potatoes. I glance towards my laying body and see that I'm not wearing my standard soldier clothes, rather, a really oversized...sweater? When did I get changed into this and who changed me? I ignore the thought and instead focus on getting up.

Pushing through the irritating restrictions my body set on me, I lean up quickly and shove an arm underneath me, propping my body up slightly before rotating it to the side, facing Levi. He looks at me with a death glare and softly, but forcefully, puts his hands on my shoulders to gently lay me down against what I'm guessing is a futon or bed.

"What's wrong Levi? You don't look so strong right now." I laugh dryly. It's then that I realise that I am craving water—no—I am craving literally everything right now.

"Oh my gosh, can you stop sitting there like a lost deer? I'm going to die of thirst before I even get close to healing." I chastise him lightly before coughing.

"Tch." This is the first word (if you can even call it that) to come out of his mouth, but once again, I'm not surprised. I close my eyes and melt into the soft bed mattress, or whatever it was, comfortably. Soon, I can feel the presence of someone behind me, or, on top of me? My best guess is that they were sitting above my head or behind me. I ignore it, it's probably just Levi grabbing something from a drawer.

Suddenly, I feel two arms nuzzle their way past the sheets and hook around my underarms before giving a soft tug. A whimper escapes my lips as searing pain fills my body because of the sudden, unexpected movement. It's the only thing I can focus on and I feel an undoubtable wrath towards Levi.

"Levi, what the fuck are you doing?! I swear to God that once I get out of this immobilized state that I'm going to kick your ass across the Wall of Rose!" I spit, eyes wide open.