29

[A/N]: EVERYONE!!! Look at this amazing cover that @SweeterDevils made for this novel. Please go check out her work as well because her work is great and she has a variety of books to check out :)

I'm so incredibly thankful for all of the support I've been getting for this book and I am so humbled to know that I have such loyal supporters. I love all of you, no cap LOL. Once again, thank you so much for voting and for sharing my content. I'll be using this cover in the future for my Quotev account so keep a look out for that! Much love and take care <3

**now onto the story :)**

-Kaisa-

The familiarity of adrenaline running through my veins excites me and I can't help but let out an exclamation of excitement as the trees fly by. The air flowing through my brown hair reminds me of the freedom I wish to obtain once again for humanity. I want to be free from all of this.

"Captain...Kaisa?" Eren asks from behind me.

"Isn't this fun?! Can't you feel the adrenaline wanting to burst from within you?! I almost can't contain myself!" A huge grin is plastered on my face as I turn to face the Special Operations Squad.

"How can you be excited in a time like this?" Petra squints at me.

"Young Petra," I tease the woman who is only a couple of months younger than me, "Don't you know that when you change your mentality of nervousness and stress into energy to use for your victory, you're more likely to perform better?" I educate.

"We produce these endorphins to prepare us for battle, not for you to sit there and be uncomfortable. Convert your nerves into energy for battle! All of you can do it! You're the best of the best, remember that always!" I encourage as we delve deeper into the forest.

"Isn't this dangerous? There are so many places where titans can hide!" Eren asks worriedly.

"Look around you, dumbass. See all these trees? Do you know what they're good for? This is the perfect ground to engage in ODM warfare, try thinking every now and then." Levi calmly insults.

"If you want to survive, you'll have to think." He advises.

The floor shakes beneath us suddenly and my eyes dart from the soldiers to a large titan with short blonde hair chasing us with an incredible speed.

"Oh shit!" I curse aloud. "If you haven't converted that weakness into a strength by now, you probably wanna get started on that." My eyes immediately land on Eren when I return my glance to the squad. My expression is one of confidence. My job as a captain is to ensure that I can be the pillar of strength when others feel weak even when it seems impossible.

"Oi, Kaisa." Levi calls.

I whip my head around to see him while I have Grace bring us closer to Humanity's Strongest to see what the issue is. He doesn't say anything, instead he gives me a look which I've seen too many times for comfort. This titan is the individual we're looking for the purpose of examination and testing. Hanji is probably pissing herself in anticipation for this titan to run straight into the trap that is set in front of us.

"Captain! Soldiers are dying. Let's get on our ODM gear and help them out!" Petra begins.

"I agree, they're all dying and we can take that titan together with no issue!" Oluo concurs.

Eld stays silent but his expression tells me that he's also in agreement with the other two. Levi doesn't give a response, instead he continues charging forward. It's understandable why they're confused and anxious—they don't know the plan. With no idea with what's ahead of us, there's no telling what kind of worries are rushing through their minds right now. I don't respond and let Levi take care of his squad since he knows what's best for them; he knows them well enough to cater a response to them.