58

-Kaisa-

Shuffling towards me, Levi brings his lips next to my ear, softly declaring, "I long to know you more with the goal of understanding you." He glides the hand on my hand up my arm and eventually trails my waist.

"Both inside and out." He lowly breathes.

My eyes widen; my breathing halters; my head is spinning; everything that's supposed to work is doing the opposite right now. I place a hand on his chest, softly pushing him away from me. He looks with concerns in his gaze, but I break our eye contact.

"This is too much." I softly respond, "We have kids outside. We need to prioritize their safety before we do any of this—"

-

Someone shakes my body.

"Kaisa, what's too much?" Levi says, leaning over me from his seat.

"Huh?" I think aloud.

Levi clicks his tongue, "You were sleep talking. Have you finished your report? The messenger is going to be here any time now and we haven't reviewed each other's yet."

I sit up straight in my seat, looking down towards the paper sitting in front of me, completed. Turning to Levi, I search his face for a trace of any disingenuous behaviour, only to find none.

Was I really dreaming? How did I even fall asleep?

"Holy shit, you look awful." He honestly comments.

I squint my eyes at him, "Wow, that's rude."

He reaches towards me, dragging his thumb across my forehead. It's then I feel the indented lines on my face. He attempts to smooth them out, but chances are, they're not going anywhere until a couple of minutes pass.

I sigh, pulling his hand away from my face, "Levi, they're not going to go away even if you try to get the lines off of my forehead. I must've slept weirdly on my jacket; this is what I get for being a dumb bitch."

"What did I tell you about using that language to describe yourself?" He scolds.

My voice comes out quietly, "That at the very least I should try to hold back on the self-deprecating humour..."

"And for how long have I been telling you this?"

I turn my eyes to the floor, "At least four years..."

"I didn't work my ass off training you for those four years to hear this kind of bullshit."

"Alright! Alright, alright...I get it." I say, irritation laced in my voice.

"Good. Now, is your report done?"

"Uhm, yeah, I'm done with my report." I respond to his question, quickly finishing up the last few sentences before handing it over to him.

He slides his paper over before picking mine up to examine. After some moments of editing pass, Levi breaks the silence.

"What were you dreaming of, anyway?" He questions.

My cheeks heat up, remembering the words he supposedly rasped in my ear. Turning my head away from him, I drag my sheet across the desk towards him while looking at the mattress in the corner of this room. Then, it hits me. He'd be sleeping there tonight, by himself, probably in casual attire. Levi in casual attire is a gift from the Gods. Even though I've seen him shirtless countless times, watched his back muscle flex as he stretched before training, and more, I still can't help but fluster while thinking of him.

I realise that I've been silent for too long.

"It doesn't matter, we should review the reports and make sure the others haven't burned the kitchen down." I brush off his question.