45

-Kaisa-

I stand atop of the wall, watching Levi from atop the wall as he hangs, overlooking the rest of the city. He climbs over completely and takes a seat, so I join him as he cleans off the dirt that's accumulated on his hands from the travel back. Hange and her squad are addressing the different injuries and gathering intel from the group on the other ledge, while I toss my blade in the air.

It's still covered in dried blood from the female titan battle two days ago, but to me, it doesn't really matter. I toss it into the air again, only to have Levi catch it for me.

"This is detestably unhygienic." Levi scoffs, trying to wipe down the blade.

"I didn't have time to clean it."

"What a shitty excuse to not clean your fucking weapons."

I snatch the blade back from his hands, closing it before putting it into my jacket pocket where it belongs.

"You're extra rude today." I retort.

"A lot has happened, what kind of reaction did you expect from me? Do you expect me to bullshit my emotions straight to your face now, too?" He challenges.

I'm taken aback by his wording. Of course I don't expect him to be fine, but, is this sadness and anger always flowing inside of him?

You can't expect the guy to be a saint. He's lost multiple squads, probably been through some horrible shit, and most likely has suffered through it all silently.

"Sorry." I apologize. He clicks his tongue and folds his cloth neatly before placing it in his jacket. He takes a seat on the ledge and I decide to follow him since my legs are killing me. We sit in silence looking across the horizon that's filled with full trees, and green hills that seem never-ending.

"Do you have something to tell me?" Levi prompts.

"What?" I look over to him.

"That crystal. Something happened there, didn't it?"

I stare back at him with a blank face.

"I don't know what you're wanting me to say...there isn't much." I attempt to end the conversation.

"If you're going to tell me what happened eventually, I'd rather hear it now. Something happened when you came back after talking with that family; your eyes..." He trails off, probably thinking of what to say next.

"Your eyes, they started glowing, and a gust of wind came from you when you berated the old man. That's never happened before."

"You're scaring me, Levi. What are you talking about?" I search his face for answers.

His silver orbs stare into my own with conviction, conveying sincerity with every word he speaks.

"And then, the same thing happened when we began our search for injured individuals. The moment I stopped you from heading towards that brat, another gust of wind passed by us, and for a split second your eyes brightened."

"You're telling me that all those gusts of wind...came from me?" I seriously inquire.

"Yes."

"You've fucking lost it, Levi." I start laughing. Without missing a beat, Levi quickly responds

"This isn't a laughing matter, Kaisa. Your perspective changed; you assumed the soldiers with the young group were dead instead of hoping they'd be alive."

"Assumed? No, I didn't assume, Levi, I knew they were dead." The moment the words come out of my mouth I cup a hand over my lips.

"You knew?"