39

-Kaisa-

Once again, Levi is stuck caring for me and my wounds, all because I decided to be a little more reckless than I should have been. His face remains expressionless as he applies pressure to the stab wound I caused myself.

"How'd you get stabbed with a knife?" Levi asks. Of course Levi recognizes that it's a knife wound, but it doesn't change the fact that I hoped he wouldn't notice.

"Miscalculated. Got fucked by some airtime and accidentally stabbed myself with this." I pull out the blade from my bra with my right hand placing it in front of his face.

Levi's eyes widen slightly the moment he sees my action, a slight flush covering his cheeks before he returns to treating my wound. His uncomfortable nature is amusing to me which makes me want to push his buttons a little further even though I don't know how I'll do it. His face returns to his regular unamused expression which is slightly disappointing which only encourages me more to figure out a way to tease him.

The moment Levi places the antiseptic wipe into my left shoulder, I arch my back slightly, barely brushing my covered chest against his forearm. He moves his arm away quickly almost like he burned himself on something, all while keeping the pressure on my cut. He maintains his cold exterior, but the tinge of red on his cheeks expose him more than words ever could.

I feel the control shift to Levi once he leans in, almost touching his nose to my own. My breath hitches in my throat, eyes wide open, and I lean back against the carriage to create distance. The attempt to move back is futile as he continues his pursuit by placing his hand next to my head on the carriage's frame.

"How cute. You really think your childish moves are going to stir up anything in a man like me?" He rasps.

Levi never discusses his strength in comparison to others unless needed, but his ego gets on my nerves this time. I put a hand on his chest, softly shoving him away from me.

"I don't need any tactics to know that you're secretly a softy, Levi." I smirk and cross my arms, continuing with my response.

"You seem to forget who you're talking to sometimes. Just because I'm kind to people on the outside doesn't mean that I won't hesitate to twist your body into a pretzel if I really want to." My own ego decides to speak. It's a common misconception that my small stature and gentle nature is impossible for me to overcome--unfortunately, the streets don't give you that courtesy.

"Then you should kneel down to the person who created the physical beast you are today." Levi tilts his head slightly upward, leaning back on the padded seat with a hand facing the floor of the carriage.

I grit my teeth at the prideful man in front of me, clenching both fists in anger but still manage to contain myself. Ever since he finally accepted me as his equal, he stopped using pain and torture as a teaching method with me. Instead, he tends to use these stupid scenarios to put me back in my place because he's learned how to push my buttons better than anyone else.

"I've never been on my knees for any man, nevertheless one who believes he'll receive it on a gold platter." I scoff.

Levi looks at me for a moment before tending to my wound again, knowing that he's made his point to me; it is a reminder that sometimes I set myself up for a challenge that I can't really handle appropriately. He's not wrong. If it wasn't for Tsukishima earlier today, I'd be fucked over three times as a new bloody portrait against the cement.

"You're done for the day; you'll just be dead weight if you engage in any combat." Levi commands, finishing up the patch. I click my tongue in response, shaking my head.

"Easier said than done. We both know that you and I work better when we're together because we think as one." I respond. Levi doesn't reply and puts the medical supplies away in their respective place before preparing to leave the carriage. His hand rests on the golden plated knob before turning his head slightly to the left to speak over his shoulder.