74

[A/N: Q&A ENDS THIS FRIDAY | this chapter is 15 pages long, enjoy!]

-Kaisa-

After recovering fully, Hange, Eren, and I conducted experiments in attempts to discover a way to use our abilities together. Unsurprisingly, Eren didn't experience any negative consequences from being with me on his shoulder while the flickering bolts of light danced around me haphazardly. Day after day, we spent time together and now, it's two days before the expedition to Wall Maria.

The Survey Corps was informed of my capabilities, but none of the other wards got word of what I could do. It'd be too dangerous to risk having others intervene with the progress we've made, so Eren and I have been mostly staying in clear land during training to avoid any casualties. Hange—of course—didn't take no for an answer and always stood away from us with Moblit by their side.

Currently, Eren and I stand in the middle of the field, joking around about some stupid shit. We've gotten closer recently from our mutually shared exhaustion from the scientist's unforgiving experiments. Most of the time, it comes from him being clueless about anything personal about his own life. Most of the time, it's me having to spell out the most basic ideas of relationships.

"-and that's why Marlo fucked up." I conclude.

"But, he's just doing what he wants! I give him props for joining the Survey Corps...even though he should have done it from the start." He grumbles near the end.

I groan, "Holy fuck, you are the densest person I know, dude."

"Psh, stop lying, Kaisa. I figured out that you had feelings for Levi, and now look where you two are!"

I burst, "I don't even know how you figured that out considering you can't even tell that Hitch definitely likes Marlo!"

Eren moves back slightly, "I don't know either! I just saw you two together, that's all!"

I roll my eyes, "Just because we spend time together doesn't automatically mean that we had feelings for each other."

He furrows his brows, "No, I swear I saw you two together, as in, together."

"You're spewing shit now, Jaeger."

"I'm just telling you what I saw!"

"Okay!" Hange cheers from a distance, ending our conversation, "Let's see if we can finalize these abilities of yours!"

I move a distance from Eren, letting him bite his hand as he does to transform while I stand to the side; we haven't been able to trigger the lightning for myself since the event on the wall. Hange holds the ongoing opinion that the event may have been a triggering event which only happens on the first time. As for now, the most that'll come of me is the slight burst of wind from my body with glowing eyes. On good days, some flickers of my golden light will appear with extreme concentration. It's nothing new, but at least I know my limitations. Who knows what'll be the trigger for me to ignite the thunders once more?

I also found out that I changed the weather while doing the first test on the wall—apparently, it wasn't supposed to rain that day. What's even more interesting is the forest in front of us located in Shiganshina collapsed from a small typhoon. All this information is surprising, but makes sense considering the observations.

Eren's transformation finishes, and I attach a hook to his shoulder, sitting once I get up there. Eren turns his head to face me, giving a small nod as a welcome while I ruffle his huge lock of hair next to me as a courtesy. We stare down at Hange awaiting a response as she writes the time taken for him to transform, occupying ourselves on the side. I shuffle closer to the piece of his hair, placing a small bit over my head, pretending to have atrociously long hair.