16

-Kaisa-

"As you wish." Levi states in his usual cool tone.

I hand him a shuriken from the box and expect him to demonstrate for me how he did it one more time, which is why I'm taken by surprise when I realise he's moved himself behind me. My stomach feels light and I am puzzled by the feeling. He gently takes my arm with his right hand and lightly glides his fingers down towards my wrist before turning my palm face up. I feel his hair lightly brush against my ear.

My cape presses against me and I look down to see Levi's left arm has snaked around my waist, holding the shuriken. I follow his hand travel across my torso before it stops at the wrist he's holding with his right hand.

"You had the right idea when you held the blade vertically during your first attempts." He softly rasps.

A shiver runs down my body and I silently curse myself for responding so weakly to his voice. He pays no attention to my warm cheeks—I'm extremely thankful for the night sky this evening.

"However, when you hold it, it should be between your pointer finger and your thumb," Levi begins as he places the cold blade into my palm delicately. His arm around my waist presses me into his chest a bit further and my breath hitches in my throat as I listen intently for his next instructions.

"Bend your fingers and rest the blade between your pointer and your thumb—the blade should be resting between your knuckle and your thumb like this." He continues. His hand brushes over mine, fixing my hold on the star blade.

"Good." He affirms into my ear. I bite my lip and stay silent.

"Your posture was also on the right track, just remember to follow through with your throw. When you release, make sure your pointer finger is in the direction you wish for the shuriken to go in." He begins.

"Otherwise you'll reveal that you're actually an idiot to those around you." He sighs.

"That really wasn't necessary, Levi." I find my voice again.

He ignores me. "Try not to swing your body too much," He wraps his arm completely around my waist. "Let your legs do the work for you." Our bodies lean backwards, and I feel his thigh supporting a portion of my body weight.

If I wasn't blushing already, I most definitely was now.

"Relax, your body feels tense—you're never going to be able to throw well like that." He breathes against my shoulder.

"You act like you don't know what you're doing." I mumble to myself quietly.

"Bring your arm up next to your ear when you prepare to throw. When you come back up, make sure your arm doesn't go outward, keep it parallel to your head." Levi instructs, bringing my arm and body back and forth, showing me what he meant while shifting our weight.

"Got it?" He asks in my left ear this time.

I nod my head so he sets me back upright and stands away from me, but not before brushing his fingers across my torso. I'm disappointed when I feel his warmth leave from behind me, but this time I consciously make the effort to stop any expression from showing.

"Also, fix your breathing. It's so erratic and uneven that you sound like you have asthma or some other shitty breathing complication." Levi scoffs behind me.

I flip him off without turning around and replay his instructions in my head.

"In between my knuckles; lean back; parallel to my head" I mumble to myself, "and follow through!" I let out a grunt as I threw the star into the tree in front of me.