43

-Levi-

"It's beyond me that you would go and terrorize a family that is clearly struggling with the cards they've been dealt." Kaisa sneers at Nick in disgust.

"They need to know the truth." He responds.

"I need you to tell me what you know so these people can live in peace." She seethes.

"Kaisa, stand down." I order.

Her eyes dart to mine, and for a moment, her eyes glow a deep emerald. Her eyebrows are furrowed, and a small gust of wind bursts from her. I blink in confusion, but my expression remains the same—whatever just happened is interesting to say the least.

"Do you hear this guy? He's spewing straight shit out of his mouth."

I push Nick against the stone wall, squishing his face against the concrete without taking my eyes off of Kaisa.

"It's not our job to interrogate him—know your place." I give her a pointed look.

She looks at me in disbelief before turning around, waving her hand over her shoulder, signalling us to follow suit.

"This isn't all you're going to see, Nick. There is a lot of more suffering you need to understand." Humanity's Tempest calls out.

"You heard the woman, walk." I give Nick a rough shove to get him moving.

We babysit the frustrating, extra weight that's known as Pastor Nick throughout the rest of the evening. Although he seemed to be making progress by interacting with the citizens, his overtly kind nature was sickening to witness. Such a two-faced individual deserved no redeeming of any sort, nevertheless the kindness we're providing him with although his irritable presence was testing my tolerance.

Eventually, our gallery walk of the unfortunate souls who've been placed in this situation comes to an end once I see Hange wave over at me.

"We're heading back." I state calmly.

Kaisa nods her head in response and drags the pastor by his collar towards the cart behind her. A little smirk tugs at the corner of my lips, I'd applaud her behaviour if I could, but it'd be inappropriate to do so at the moment.

People stare as I follow the commotion happening in front of me, all of which are confused and interested in my lack of discipline. Frankly, I'm no longer in a position to discipline Kaisa. Also, I just don't care to put in the effort since I know she's too invested in this to listen. She can hold her own and make her own decisions, and it isn't my job to tell her what she can and cannot do.

"Kaisa, don't you think you should be nicer to our new guest?" Hange teases.

"I'm more so surprised that she's behaved well for this long considering the bullshit I bore witness to." I scoff.

"Please, I request you don't swear in front of me." Nick pleads.

"Let's discuss. I'll keep Levi under control if you give me some information on the walls." Kaisa compromises.

I raise an eyebrow at her remark and see the newest soldiers quietly laughing among themselves. I shoot them a glare and immediately they freeze and rethink their actions.

"I'm sorry, I can't give you much." Nick lowers his head. Immediately, Kaisa's mood changes.

"I respect that, I understand your commitment to the walls." She charms.

He looks up at her in surprise and I turn my head in disgust knowing that her influence is too big considering her small size. How she manages to switch between the woman who just dragged him here with force to suddenly encompass people with her empathy when it's convenient is beyond me; although, I must say it's a useful trait to have on our side.