19

-Kaisa-

Today, we're going to be transporting Eren to a former hideout that the Survey Corps used when we did more outside exploration before a bunch of our funds were cut. Any high ranked squad leader knew of its location and understood that its sole purpose was as an emergency hide out in the case that any gear broke or if travel to HQ was no longer an option. In this case, it was going to be a safe haven for Eren to practice his skills while Hanji performed some evaluation tests on him to explore his titan abilities.

Right now, the special operations squad, Levi, Hanji, Eren, and I are inside of the stalls preparing our horses for the travel to the castle. Grace is standing patiently like usual as I strap the saddle on her, making my job significantly easier.

"Oi, gather round." Levi calls out to everyone in the barn.

"As you all know, we're taking this brat to a building not too far outside the walls in a relatively clear area in attempt to understand his titan powers. You will be protecting Eren at all costs, even at the expense of your life. I don't give a shit if you think it's crazy, but he's currently an important asset to humanity's survival against the titans so both Captain Kaisa and I will be watching over him." He explains.

"I've been made aware by certain individuals that some of you find it amusing to disrespect your leaders." Levi begins.

"Let me make this very clear," Levi emphasizes his words, "If I hear that any of you are disrespecting Captain Kaisa or Squad Leader Hanji during this expedition, I will personally make your punishment a living hell. Afterall, I think the most effective way to teach discipline is through pain, and I won't hesitate to wipe the shitty grin off your face." He coldly spits. I see the backs of his squad straighten up with his threat.

"Any disrespect towards them is a direct disrespect of my authority and I will not accept that behaviour from any of you. You will comply with Captain Kaisa's directions and will follow her lead while listening to Hanji's requests in regards with your interactions with titans." Levi instructs. "Before you start pissing your pants by worrying about my consequences, I recommend you re-evaluate the individual you'd be going against as well—my equal."

His eyes dart to me for a quick moment and I suddenly feel uneasy. The next thing I know, there is a knife flying towards my face and I swiftly grip the blade before throwing it back in the direction it came from. Levi catches it by the handle and displays the blood dripping down from the sharp edge for his comrades, making a point. My hand doesn't even sting, but my palm is bleeding from the fresh cut due to my tight hold on the blade before I threw it back.

The rest of his words drown out for me and I feel butterflies in my stomach again. Levi thinks of me as his...equal? This was news to me especially considering the other night he referred to me as a cadet—was that his attempt at a joke? I feel my cheeks warm slowly as I remember the close proximity we were in that evening, however, I rationalize the events of that night as professional teaching. It's all that it would ever be, and that's all I want it to be.

Right?

"-so she'll start explaining the plan on how we'll be transporting Eren between places." Levi looks to me, giving me the floor.

I have no idea what he's mentioned, but I assume it's time to go over the strategies I came up with yesterday, so I just vomit out everything I could remember from my notebook.

After that whole fiasco, we prepare to leave to the castle located deep within the woods, and although it was a really dusty place, I'm excited to leave these walls. I do my own preparations alone, organizing my stuff and making sure that I wasn't forgetting anything. Once that was done, I drag the bag towards Grace and grab her reigns before leading the both of us outside to wait for the others.