66

-Kaisa-

Thankfully, we're all safe.

No one with the exception of Hange endured significant damage from the fights.

Well, at least I think so—Levi doesn't.

"I can't believe you fucking ate his hook with your damn hand." Levi scoffs, addressing my wound, both of us sitting to the side.

The others gather weapons we'll use in our next fight with those insufferable bastards. It's disheartening watching them work without a smile, but comforting at the same time. They've learned the appropriate times for focus and genuine communication rather than joking around. I couldn't be prouder than this group. I've never been so invested in my own team.

At least, one I was the leader of.

I turn to Levi, addressing him, "What else was I supposed to do? Fucking die? If I wanted to, I promise you I woulda done it long ago."

He pauses before responding with an annoyed tone, "Yeah, actually, it was a damn good save."

I smile victoriously, "Hmph! I knew it."

He continues to tie my forearm up, but the silence is killing me.

"Did you see how I drop-kicked the guy after pulling him towards me?!" I gleefully ask.

"You smashed him straight into hell."

"Fuck yeah I did!" I whisper-yell in attempts to keep my excitement from ruining the kids' concentration.

Levi's lips tug from one corner at my comment as he finishes before standing to check his available blades. While he occupies himself with that, I busy myself with figuring out the difference in my fighting skills since the epiphany I had. I'll probably tell Levi tonight about my revelation once we get out of here, but for now, I must focus on the goal ahead of me. I'll cross the bridge of telling him when I get there.

I don't notice Levi's absence until he returns with extra blades, handing a bunch to me before refilling his gear.

"Here—I counted your blades before I left."

I take them from his hand, "Thanks."

"Do you know how Hange is doing?" He inquires.

I shake my head, "No. I think Moblit, Kiyoko, and Armin are outside with her by now, though. We don't have much time to really think about them—we just have to trust they're okay and get those two out safely."

"Agreed."

The entire team suits up and prepares for the invasion of the next room which has been covered with nets. We prepare multiple barrels at the entrance, but I know that it won't be enough. I pull Levi to the side before telling him an alternate plan.

"You guys can go through the centre. I'll find a way to get around and kill the guards on the sides of the other opening. There's no way they're going to leave that unattended." I propose.

"And how do you plan on doing that shit?"

Instead of telling him, I put my hand on the pillar next to us while staring straight at him. My body begins to shift weight as the blue pole evaporates under my touch, steaming from the point of contact. Even I'm surprised at how quickly it's melting considering yesterday's escape took so long. Now, it's evaporating with ease.

He crosses his arms, "That shit's weird as hell."

I grin at him, "I'll melt through the walls by making a tunnel before dropping on those bastards. Then, I'll create a distraction which will take their attention away from you guys as you blow that shit up."