35

-Kaisa-

"You look nice today, Kaisa." Erwin says as we make our way to the table, walking slowly beside me as I take my time.

"Thank you, Commander! I thought I'd take advantage of my cripple-self and enjoy today even though I can barely move." I gleam at the man. Even though this guy was shady when it came to principles, he was a great guy to be around; a great source for encouragement.

My stomach aches from the stitches which I've probably put too much strain on in the morning and also last night when Levi and I lay sipping our tea. I stumble on my feet as the memory floods my thoughts.

"The tea is getting cold, Levi." The words stumble out of my mouth before I process them.

"You like it that much?" He pulls his face away from mine, taking his time as he walks towards the teapot. He begins to pour a cup for himself and turns around when he's done, leaning on the desk.

"Are you telling me you'd rather let the tea go to waste?" I challenge.

"Of course not, you brat." He mumbles, taking a sip from the Yellow Gold. I put my arm out with my cup in hand, moving it up and down slightly asking him to pour me another cup. Levi leans forward and snatches the porcelain from my hand, filling my cup before handing it back as he sits next to me. We sit in silence, sipping our tea, and before I know it, I'm all out again.

"How's your ankle?" I ask, placing my cup on the floor next to my bed.

"Fine." He answers. I raise an eyebrow. He should know by now that he can't fool me with appearances like these.

"Take it off." I say, adjusting myself on the bed by stretching my leg out completely.

"Don't you think that's taking things too fast?" Levi perks an eyebrow to match mine and finishes his tea.

"Not like that, you pervert." I slap his leg lightly. "Your boot, you dumbass." I point to his foot.

"I'm not letting you touch my feet, you got some kinda fetish?" He shakes his head.

"Holy shit Levi, I don't want to touch your feet, I just think that your bandage is undone. You looked uncomfortable when you walked to the desk." I scowl. He takes his boot off anyway complying with my request and behold, the bandage is undone.

"What did I tell you?" I tease.

I grab his leg and pull it up so his ankle is sitting in between my legs, undoing the bandage which loosened from our different travels.

"I can do it myself." He yanks his leg back.

"You sound like Eren" I respond. Levi doesn't budge and keeps his legs up to his chest. I let a sigh out in response.

"Levi, you take care of my injuries 99% of the time, can you let me do this one thing? Shove your stubbornness up your ass and save it for someone who cares." I respond, pulling his calf towards me. In silence, I fix his bandage with care, being careful with each pin I place into his gauze. Afterwards, I clean up my little mess and wash my hands before slipping back into bed. I carelessly take off my boots before completely sitting down, tossing them on the floor.

I lay back on my bed next to Levi as he continues to sit and sip his tea. He looks at me with a blank face while I shuffle to get into a comfortable position beside him, not really caring about what my intentions are.

They say that a person's eyes are the window to an individual's soul, but at this point, it's not looking too good for Levi.

The only time Levi and I truly are in sync is when we're outside the walls fighting against those brainless beings; in regards to other situations like his perspectives on personal matters, I have no idea. But, I want to know. In fact, it pisses me off that I can't read his intentions or figure out how he's feeling with certainty. His guarded nature makes it difficult for anyone to see through the stone wall he's put up behind those steel eyes.