79

-Kaisa-

"I love you, Kaisa."

A soft, sad smile plays across my lips, "I love you, Levi."

And just as we're supposed to leave, Levi kisses me with intention. My arms reach around his shoulders, and his free hand moves to the back of my head. Our soft exchange ends with his head cradled in the crook of my neck as he holds my waist and nape close to him.

"Tell me that you love me when we get home tonight." I softly say.

His hold tightens, "Okay."

Erwin shoots the first smoke signals, letting us know it's time for us to get into position. And with his signal, Levi and I begrudgingly pull away from the embrace. We stand looking at each other for a small moment before turning our backs towards the other, running towards the first titan we'd kill before we'd make our way towards the beast titan. It doesn't take too long for me to arrive, but as soon as I do, I await my next order.

Another smoke signal is released, I hear screams from afar and I withdraw my swords, pressing the gas on my gear as I swing towards my first victim. With hands held high, I swing my body in a circle before crashing down on its nape. It's finally begun.

Our final battle is here.

And with Erwin's command, my body swings between the giant titans, slashing through their flesh with ease. The most difficult part of it all is trying to maintain my momentum while piercing their skin deep enough to kill them. Every drop, my gear clunks as I press on the gas, and it's probably because of the makeshift part of the gear I improvised earlier.

The screams from the other soldiers increasingly get louder as I approach them. Every time I look to the side for a quick moment, I can see Levi's figure faintly swinging just like me, twisting his body to prepare for a kill once he was high in the air. It's almost like a small competition to me. With the adrenaline of all the soldiers riding their horses towards their death, I feel the strength within my bones to push myself faster.

I find myself in a rhythm, and suddenly, I feel the air dancing through my hair once at a consistent pace. My blades hit the sides of my gear when I go to replenish them, creating a small beat to my murderous twirls. With one goal in mind, I find myself approaching the beast titan, relatively ahead from Levi. As soon as I do, Erwin's loud scream fills my ears.

"My soldiers rage!" He calls out.

My brows pull together and a grunt escapes me as I pierce another titan's nape. My friend's have been tortured for too long by these evil creatures, and I refuse to let another one escape my reach. With every single cell in my body, I thrust my blades into its skin, ripping its flesh into two, slicing every single nerve and blood vessel. The sound of a clean cut satisfies my bloodthirsty desire.

"My soldiers scream!" Erwin's voice echoes.

I grit my teeth as my gear launches into the air, letting a scream out as I kill another titan beneath me. Its blood splatters all across my being, drenching my perfect white shirt with red. I can feel the shirt stick directly to my skin, and I can feel the liquids seep through my leather boots, soaking my socks with its lifeline. My hair tie is hanging on by a loose thread, but I ignore its undoing; the only thing that's on my mind is the adrenaline coursing through my body.

"My soldiers fight!"

I look up for a quick moment as I swing unto the next titan, and it feels like time has stopped for a moment. The beast titan has lunged his arm forward, rocks flying from his grasp directly towards the green smoke signals that the remaining Survey Corps soldiers used. Those rocks are heading towards people who haven't lived full lives; those rocks are ending the lives of people who simply wanted to see what was beyond the walls that kept them captive. And yet, their story ends here, from what was in the palm of that monster.