65

-Kaisa-

My anxiety shoots through the roof once we're outside of the prison cell I escaped only 24 hours ago. The difference this time is I've come with my regular clothes, gear, and comrades by my side. It turns out there was another entrance near the front I somehow missed where it's easier to load the explosives and other equipment we require to pull this stunt off. As we approach the last door separating us from our fight, I check my belts, gas, and readjust the knives on my gear.

Weirdly enough, even through my anxiety, I am incredibly excited. I can already feel the adrenaline rushing through me; it's exhilarating to get payback on these bitches. Hopefully we'll be able to get those two out without killing anyone, but by the sounds of it, it's either us or them.

And there is no way in hell I'm handing over any of my squad's lives for free.

Jean, Sasha, and Connie prepare the fuel-filled barrels nearby the door while I organize the bow and arrow for Sasha to use later. Tobio and Kei are preparing the flares while Mikasa, Kiyoko and Armin are off to the side helping Hange finish the last explosives. Levi pulls up next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder as I'm crouched. Looking up at him, a curious expression is spread across my features.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, coming to my level.

"Is it weird to say I'm actually pretty excited?" I respond quietly.

"No, you're just still weird as always."

I jokingly stab him with the end of an arrow, "Oi, watch yourself Levi—I have a weapon!"

"Tch, like that'll do anything." He rolls his eyes, "I'm glad to know you're not too shaken up from the last week." He confides in me, helping me stack the arrows.

I shrug, "Guess you could say that I had a relief of stress."

He drops his head, hair covering his eyes wearing an unnoticeable smile, "Not here, brat."

I giggle in response, "Okay, okay, okay, I'll stop."

I reach behind me, "By the way, you should keep one of these on you." I hold out one of the guns I brought back yesterday.

"Where'd you get this? We haven't gone back to HQ yet." He ponders, checking the bullets.

"Getting out of this place wasn't easy; killed some idiots and took their guns."

He places a hand on my head, ruffling my hair softly, "That's my girl."

I raise an eyebrow, "I'm not anyone's girl."

"Yet." Levi finishes.

He places his hands on his knees, before standing up and facing the rest of the squad. I must've been the last person he checked in on during his regular rounds. It always impressed me how he took the time to meet his squad where they were at, making it priority to evaluate their mental health before executing the objective. He gathers the rest around and I listen intently before finishing up my job.

He reiterates the plan before walking towards the door, giving us a look before slamming it open with his leg.

Damn, Levi's got some glutes.

You say that if you didn't see them last night.

My face tinges red before I'm brought back to reality by Sasha's created explosion. Levi leads the attack, flying amongst the smoke as everyone else follows. I'm the last to leave to ensure our backend doesn't have any weak spots. More explosions occur and gun shots are now fired. Levi calls out the amount of people we're against before the smoke completely engulfs us. My main focus is to kill those standing on the sidelines to avoid any snipes coming from nowhere.