53

-Kaisa-

"You didn't know? Levi approved the whole thing."

I blink at the taller soldier.

"Huh?!"

"You didn't think that we'd be able to do this on our own, did you?"

I yank his collar and bring it down towards my face.

My teeth grind against each other, "You said you were gonna figure it out by yourselves—that was the entire deal!"

"I-I'm sorry! He figured it out the day after. He didn't buy Jean's bullshit of coming to me and eventually Jean cracked when he was interrogated!"

I yank on his collar, racking his brainless head around, "And you're just telling me this now?!"

"I figured you'd know! I thought you were able to understand people's thoughts when you wanted to!" He defends.

I release him from my hold while giving a slight nudge at the end before resting a hand on my head.

"I could have sworn you'd read my mind when I caught you earlier today. Isn't that why my head started hurting?"

"No? The only person I've been able to talk to is-"

"Levi. Yes, I know." Eren scoffs. "Why don't you just talk to him like that right now? Who's stopping you?"

I match his tone, "That's gonna have to be a no from me, Eren. There's no way in hell I'm reaching out to this guy. In fact, he's only having me here because he doesn't want you to end up like his original squad. I don't blame him for wanting to protect his squad and I also don't want you guys to die randomly, so I guess I'll stay."

"Actually, uh, about that. He did mention he was going to come around and find you some time soon." Eren stutters.

My eyes slowly widen and my brows furrow, making Eren take a couple of steps back.

"Oh, would you look at that! Mikasa is calling me! You know how she is, gotta go!"

"She's not even on this side of the terrain!" I call after him as he runs off.

I'll strangle him one day.

Not today, but one day.

Sighing, I turn to the other side, deciding to call it a night considering it's almost 2:30 in the morning. At least, that's my guess.

We wrap up and I hand my gear off to Mikasa before thanking her for taking care of my things while I'm gone. The evening has officially ended, and most of the group is gone when another soldier calls out to me.

At this point, I'm a bit frustrated with everyone trying to talk with me. My social battery is dead and I just want to go home at this point. Nevertheless, I take a breath before turning and facing the young one.

"Kageyama, what's up?"

"Hey, uh, my dad wanted me to give you something." He says, reaching into the small bag slung over his shoulder. "Also, it's fine if you address me by my first name."

"Sounds good, Tobio."

"He told me about your migraines, so he gave me some of these pills to give to you."

I sigh, "Your dad knows about this entire operation, too?"

"To be honest, most people know. I'd be more surprised if Erwin didn't know about any of this. Plus, everyone's lowkey been talking about your grand return since you left." He shrugs.

"Grand return?!"

"Yeah, actually, I made about eight gold coins thanks to you!"

"You profited off of me?!"