25

-Kaisa-

Four days have gone by since my reunion with the Special Operations Squad, Eren, and Hanji. We have three more days to prepare for the expedition Erwin planned about two weeks ago once Hanji's poor titan babies were killed by someone within the walls. Trust was beginning to wear thin between citizens and the Survey Corps as the Military Police started their task to create enemies within the walls.

Most of my injuries have recovered which is exciting because sitting still in one spot for days at a time began to take a toll on my mental health. The only thing that hadn't healed completely were the cuts on my arms, but that's to be expected. Regardless, I hated the feeling of doing nothing and a memory from yesterday pops up in my head.

"Please let me go outside!" I beg.

"No."

"Why not?!" I whine.

"Because you can't walk on your own yet."

"You're no fun, Levi." I pout and cross my arms.

"For once, can you stop acting irrationally and use your brain? Stop complaining. You're not going out, that's final." Levi scolds.

"But I'll be fine, don't worry!" I drag out my words.

"Tch." He begins, "Fine, you can go outside if you want." He agrees.

My face lights up. "Really?!"

"Yes, you can. But if you go out today, I'm not bringing you on the expedition." Levi provides the condition to my freedom.

I'm still inside of the castle recovering.

I can walk and jog on my own now, but even still, Levi informed everyone to prevent me from doing any heavy lifting or real work besides the casual dusting here and there. I've tried everything from bribing people with rations, to private lessons on how I use my gear. No one seems to care though.

"Sorry Captain Kaisa, but Captain Levi is way scarier than you while you're in this state." Eren shakes his head while sweeping the floor, turning down another opportunity to train underneath me.

"Why does everyone hate me?" I complain, sulking to the ground.

"Captain Levi! Captain Kaisa is guilt tripping me again." Eren calls out. A door slams shut from upstairs I hear footsteps clicking down the stairs.

"Nonono, don't call him, we'll pretend like it never happene-"

"Kaisa, you're more bothersome now than when you were a cadet. I think I lose braincells around you. I won't hesitate to punish you for your misbehaviour—you're supposed to be a role model, not an irritable child that I have to babysit." Levi pulls me up by arm and drags me towards the stairs.

"Levi~" I complain, letting my body go limp.

I hear a tsk above me before a now familiar feeling shocks me.

"AH! Oomph." My head smacks against Levi's back as he carries me over his shoulder up the stairs away from everyone else. I protest the action and beginning lightly pounding on his back to no avail.

"Eren! Help me! I'll be a dead woman if he takes me!" I reach out to the tall cadet.

He gives a small smile and waves at me before continuing to broom the floor.

"You traitor! I'll never forgive this betrayal!" I lay limp against Levi, letting my arms dangle down his back to lightly bump against him.

"Kaisa, I'm going to ask you one more time before I lose my shit, stop asking people to give you shit to do. Have you forgotten what you're supposed to represent?" He challenges as he brings me back to a room.