5

-Kaisa-

The two hours given to us flew by faster than I thought it would, meaning I wasn't able to sufficiently answer the questions my cadets had, but I had faith in them. We were able to head to our dorms for fifteen minutes before we would be called out to begin the expedition; my best guess was to shake off the nerves any of the cadets had before experiencing their first time outside of the walls.

I make my way down the corridor not bothering to look where I'm going and carelessly bump into someone in front of me. The figure quickly turns around, grabs the top of my shirt and shoves me against the stone wall of the desolate hallway while pressing their forearm into my neck. The air leaves my body, but it doesn't prevent me from reaching up to their elbow to yank it off and bring my leg up to shove them away from me. It was their turn to hit the opposite wall.

"Kaisa?" Levi stared at me in shock.

"What the hell was that for?" I choke out, holding my stomach. I impatiently waited for the air to return to my lungs.

"Tch. You need to be more careful where you go, you clutz." He winces while resting a hand on his forehead.

I look up at him with a confused face and raise my voice at him.

"Why is your first reaction to slam someone against the wall and put them in a chokehold?"

"Why are you walking around like one of those dumbasses outside of the wall?" He retaliates.

Our staring contest continues for a little longer before I let out a chuckle and fully stand.

"You know, it's been so long since I've had to do any combat against you" I smile.

He lets out a what I'd call a hum of agreement, but I wasn't too sure what it was.

"At least I know that all the training we did didn't go to complete waste, that'd be a damn shame."

My jaw drops as I make my way towards him giving him a playful shove. Immediately within a split millisecond after it happened, I could have sworn I saw a small smirk flash across his features before returning to their emotionless nature. I pout and put my hands on my hips as I look up at the--quite honestly--short man.

"You know, you could at least acknowledge me as your equal now. We're the only two 'legends' in this shithole, might as well try to embrace it."

This time, a small, almost inaudible chuckle escapes from him as he shakes his head before looking in the direction of our bedrooms.

"To me, you'll always be the little brat who always argued with my harsh judgements."

I look up at him with sad eyes, waiting for him to return his full attention on me.

"Tch. What are you making that face for? I never said that I didn't acknowledge the killing machine you are now." He puts his arm in between us and gives a gentle yet forceful push to create distance.

"You know, Levi? You're not too bad yourself" I smirk. I knew this was the best I was going to get from Levi and I most definitely did not take it for granted. He was once my captain after all, and I'm forever thankful for all the effort he put into me.

He begins to follow the corridor down towards our bedrooms which reminds me why I'm here in the first place. I quickly scurry after him and rush pass him to get inside of my room. I open the door carelessly and don't bother to close it behind me while searching around my desk and drawers for the tiny pouch; I totally forgot where I placed it and slowly began losing patience as I knew time was running out.

"When was the last time you cleaned your room?" Levi asks while examining a finger which I'm guessing he ran underneath the lamp near the entrance of my room.

I roll my eyes and bring my focus back to the task at hand.

"Did you come in here just to nag me about my room? If you are, keep your comments to yourself, I'm trying to look for something." I scoff.

"It's almost repulsive to think I sleep in the room across from you. I wonder how many dust bunnies have jumped the hallway to illegally enter my room" He mumbles behind me. I whip my head around to chastise him but the second prior to my outburst I feel the small coin pouch touch the tips of my fingertips and a huge smile spreads across my lips.

"What's that on your face?" Levi asks innocently, wiping his hand with a cloth.

I ignore his shady comment and tug on the pouch to bring it to my vision. I fumble with the drawstring to open it before taking out a couple of silver coins to put into my jacket pocket and place the pouch back where it came from, making a mental note where it is.

"Listen here, Mr. Clean, if you have such a big issue with how I live my life, then why don't you come in here and show me how high and mighty your standards are." I challenge.

"You already know how I like my room clean, in fact, I can picture the image of you scrubbing the floors of the hallway like it was yesterday." He says, tucking the cloth away.

"Yenno, I hope my dust bunnies entered your room so sneakily to the point where you wouldn't even be able to deport them using your cleaning supplies." I smirked.

He opens his mouth to respond only to be cut off by the sound of the bell ringing throughout the nearby buildings and we both make our way to the wall.

"Try not to die." Levi says as we exit the corridor.

"I don't plan on it."

--

hi hey hello!

thanks for reading this chapter :) i hope i managed to keep Levi's character accurate as i notice that lots of fanfictions take his cold attitude and run with it. after rewatching a few episodes again, i've noticed that most of his impactful insults are ones without any curse words in them, rather, they're just straight up savage but lowkey. hopefully i was able to do that here!

much love and take care,

~cendiain