72

-Kaisa-

Levi and Hange continue their passive aggressive words all the way towards the wall, and not long after, we're standing at the top of the wall around ten minutes later. The two of them carry glowing-orbs as the moon sits comfortably amongst the stars above us. Following behind us is Moblit, who's carrying multiple bags with various items inside for Hange's experiment of which we know nothing about.

"Why is Moblit carrying that by himself? Shouldn't we help him?" I ask Levi, who's just set me down.

Hange waves it off, "Moblit is a strong man—he'll be fine."

The woman excitedly writes her conditions for the experiment after requesting Levi to sit me on the wall. Placing a blanket underneath me, I sit watching the scientist who begins marking the wall. Levi holds the light for her, and Moblit finally catches up to our location. I give him a small wave and smile; he returns the courtesy. Hange completes her set up, instructing me once she's ready with Levi on her right who has crossed arms.

"Alright, Kaisa. I need you to melt through this wall!" Her voice is filled with obsession and excitement.

"But it's not the same crystalized version as Rod Reiss' underground temple." I respond.

Hange squats to my level, "Remember when I confirmed the similarities between the Wall and Annie's crystallization? Well, the crystallization used by Rod for his temple has the same molecular composition. You probably experienced an adverse reaction when you first touched it, didn't you?" She asks.

The moment I touched my back completely against the crystallization, that's when a shock of pain ran through my body. Is that relevant information? Probably.

I hold a hand underneath my chin, "Well, now that I think about it, I did have a few aversions when I first woke up in that cell."

Hange nods, writing down my accounts before waving at the other two men to move from me. Moblit and Levi trail after her quietly, putting distance between us for their safety.

"Okay, Kaisa. I need you to think of the wall like you did downstairs. When you're doing it, I need you to tell me what you're thinking about when the thought passes through your minds, okay?" She calls out.

I nod just as realization strikes me. My gaze locks with Levi, his brows furrow in response.

Levi, I don't want to say what I'm thinking of.

Why not?

It's embarrassing.

Then don't say it—just don't expect Hange to figure out more about you.

I break contact with him, slightly upset that he doesn't give me a satisfying answer. Regardless, I take a breath in before carefully placing my hands on the concrete, adjusting myself.

"Wait." Levi interrupts my preparation.

Hange whines, dropping the clipboard to her sides in defeat, "What now, Levi?"

"Fasten yourself in the wall unless you want to go flying." He informs both Hange and Moblit.

"Ah, right! Don't want to fall off the wall now, do we?" Hange rhetorically asks, shooting a hook into the wall. Levi gives her a side glance before taking his own advice, adjusting his wires as he wished.

"Alright, go for it, Kaisa!" She encourages from the side.

"Anything for you, Hange!" I wink back.

Letting out a final breath, I imagine the wall melting through my palms as I did in Rod's place. Recalling the words spoken to me from that night, I let my moon guide me through my actions. The new discovery of the mark imprinted across Levi's chest is enough for me to consolidate what I heard underground, but the mark on my own skin only makes it that more confusing. Regardless, I rest my weight on my palms, leaning forward, awaiting the steam to pass through my fingers.