77

-Kaisa-

The wall isn't too far from where I am, and it shouldn't take me more than five minutes to join the rest of the Survey Corps on the tops of Wall Maria. Given the lack of action, I can't help but be suspicious of my own concerns from earlier today. Maybe it's true that my intuitions were wrong, and maybe it's true that my worries were nothing but my nerves overtaking my rationality and trust in Erwin.

But the moment that this doubt seeps in, an overwhelming, fearful shiver ignites my body in terror. I miss a step in my sprint, temporarily tripping over my feet just as my heart races faster than it ever has before.

No, I am not wrong; we are not alone here.

My hands sprawl out in front of me, catching myself from almost eating shit before increasing my pace towards the commander standing confidently atop of Wall Maria.

Levi, they're here!

My thoughts call out to him in urgency in hopes of hearing his voice fill my thoughts once more. The eerie quiet from their direction is just as concerning, and my heart continues to thud without rhythm against my chest. The same cry towards Levi repeats in my head with belief that it'll reach him eventually—and it does.

Who's here?

His response relieves the anxious feeling in my stomach and my response is without hesitation.

There are other sources of power. I can feel them, and it's not good. It feels like there are multiple overpowered versions of Eren in this area.

Did you find a solution?

Yes, I did. I'm almost with you guys. Be careful!

I'm still with Eren and Mikasa; you'll get to Erwin before I do.

Whatever you do, be vigilant—they're hiding among us.

Okay.

His caution washes another sense of relief over me. For the last couple of meters in my approach to the wall, I use my ODM gear to get closer. I tap my gas tank before launching myself above the wall, feeling the wind against me as my cape flows recklessly from my movements. My right foot feels supported, which is great news to me in this desperate moment. Just as I approach the group standing around Erwin who has his back towards me, he commands a group of soldiers to follow Armin's command.

I yank his empty sleeve, drawing his attention to me before his unphased facial expression meets my concerned one.

"I'm glad to see you've fixed your belt—is something else a bother?" He asks.

"We're not alone; they're here! All of them!" I express with urgency.

His expression doesn't change, "Yes, Armin has notified us already and is currently leading the soldiers to search within the walls." He calmly responds, looking over the young soldiers and their diligent work.

Following his eyes, I see three figures standing on the other side of Shiganshina, while the rest are tapping the ends of their sword gear against the walls. For the first time in five years, I see the city I survived in for years, completely destroyed. Mourning quietly over the lost city, my heart drops in dissonance; sadness for lives lost in the initial tragedy, but also hatred for the quality of life I endured during my existence in this place.

Regardless of how I feel, Erwin informs me further on the current update.

"You won't be searching for the titans—you'll stay up on the wall with me until they find whoever is waiting in the walls."