22

-Kaisa-

It's been two days since I've last seen Levi and the special operations squad.

I wasn't lost, rather, there were no openings for me to actually get back to where our campsite was located. On the night I dragged the morons away, I killed about fifteen of them and I definitely felt like I could have taken more down. The issue with this was that I wasn't sure how much gas I would use up, and I really didn't want to run out of the one thing I needed to get out of here alive. My progress was made at night and I only moved across the trails when it was completely dark since the titan's movement speed decreased significantly with the absence of light. It was the only way I was going to get out of here without any major injuries.

The days were incredibly tedious and boring. With nothing for me to do except hide in between tree branches while watching the mindless beings roam around me unknowingly, I felt like I was going crazy. I even lost my notebook which only made things worse. Life was not in favour of me today and it really grinded my gears to see precious hours wasted away just because I got fucking caught in this mess.

At the moment, it was nighttime once again, so I scale my way down towards the trail and take off on foot. Using my ODM gear was out of the question since I decided that it would be best to keep any gas left for emergency situations only. I could only hope that it wouldn't come to that scenario, but life is cruel and unfair and it most definitely does not pick favourites.

The gravel underneath me helps me ground myself into my surroundings; it reminds me that I'm still alive and that I'm going to make it back to the castle just fine. My breath is steady and I am comfortable in my pace, making use of all the training I did throughout my years serving the Survey Corps. The one thing that falters though are my legs and my arms which ache.

The continuous running I did every evening for hours was beginning to take a toll on my body since I never genuinely got a rest day. I didn't trust myself to fall asleep, so I kept myself awake by using one of the shuriken to cut portions of my upper arm to keep me from dozing off. It was the only way I could think of in order to stay alert. I knew that it wasn't healthy, but honestly, none of this emotional trauma caused by the titans was healthy either. As long as my legs could carry me where I needed to go, that's all that mattered.

I don't know how long I've been running, but it's been so quiet that it's almost too good to be true. I haven't come across any titans, but I keep checking around me constantly just in case one tries to sneak up behind me. The lack of sleep was catching up to me, but I didn't allow myself to falter. If I don't get back to the castle in time, I'll miss the expedition that'll be happening in five days, and that means a lot more casualties if I'm not there.

As my head is turned to the side observing if there are any titans nearby, I trip on a stone in front of me and my knees scrape across the rocks below. I lay on against the gravel for a few moments, almost using it as an excuse to stop running and give myself a break. I roll over onto my back and sit up examining the stupid wounds I've clumsily caused myself, but I scrutinize the area around me once again in case there is something nearby.

"Shit. This is not good." My pants are torn and my skin is cut badly, blood seeping into my once white pants. There are rocks in my knees and my palms are scraped from taking most of the impact and are bleeding too. This was just another hinderance that was going to prevent me from getting back to our temporary home and it was so annoying.

"Why must I be so freaking clumsy." I mumble to myself. I try to stand up and a searing pain rushes through my body. My knees are aching, and I can feel the torn skin grazing against the rocks I couldn't take out with my bare hands. I grit my teeth and push through it, letting out a couple of grunts as I made it back on my feet. Running was out of the question now, but I am not going to let that stop me from getting back in time. Staying out here longer is more dangerous, especially because I have no access to any sort of first aid which left me susceptible to infections from my fall. Out of all the things to happen to me, of course it's because of myself instead of the actual enemies.

Longing to Be Known | Levi Ackerman x OCजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें