CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

THE SCHEMING WOLF
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE SCHEMING WOLF✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

283 AC, King's Landing

The bruises had healed but her ribs still throbbed whenever she walked. After a day Pycelle had been permitted to take a look on them, the joy, and he had concluded that she was suffering from bruised and possibly broken ribs. And the treatment, do nothing, but for once she wasn't angry with Pycelle's lack of help sense she knew there was no other way to heal broken ribs other than resting. Unfortunately, or fortunately because she hated bedrest, Aerys wouldn't let her rest despite the injuries he had caused her.

It almost felt like he was using her as an example. Her ribs hurt with every step and breath she took and it took at least a fortnight for the bruise on her neck to disappear completely. First it had looked almost black before turning to a blue-purple colour, almost indigo that reminded her of Rhaegar's eyes and then it turned green and then yellow. Looks of horror seemed to follow her as she walked down the halls of the Red Keep, looking like she was coming from war.

No one was oblivious to the King's aggression, the Queen was proof enough, but it still shocked everyone that Aerys would abuse his own son's wife in such way, for who else could harm the Princess without suffering the consequences. Rhaella had been horrified when she laid her eyes in her, crying and hugging her while apologising over and over again. The poor woman had suffered her brother's abuse for years but only felt guilt when she saw someone else suffer.

It had been hard to explain for the children what had happened to her. Daeryn was still oblivious, thank the gods, and had merely asked why her neck was blue in the most innocent way. Lyrella had been harder to soothe, but even at her age it was possible to convince her that nothing was wrong. But even though Viserys had let the matter go she knew that he knew what had happened. He was a pretty smart boy and it seemed like he wasn't as oblivious to his father's madness as she thought. Rhaella thought it was best to shield the young boy from his father's insanity but Alyssa didn't agree. It wouldn't do him any good to look up to his monster of a father and therefore she was a little relieved that Viserys seemed to notice it.

And now when Jaehaerys was safe and sound, she hoped for she was still waiting for the letter from Ashara that would confirm her son's and Wylla's arrival to Starfall, her new priority was the rest of her family. Rhaella was with child and needed to get away from her brother's abuse for both her own sake and that of her unborn child. Viserys had to get away from his father's madness before the King started to poison his mind or turn his anger towards the poor boy. Lyrella and Daeryn needed to get far away from their grandfather's madness before he started to hurt them. Elia had to get back to Dorne because she didn't deserve to live in fear just because she was one of Alyssa's friends.