CHAPTER SEVEN

THE LADY STARK
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE LADY STARK✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

276 AC, Winterfell

Being back in Winterfell felt both strange and familiar.

She was a daughter of the North and her place would always be here. Spending time with her family again felt like she had finally gotten back a part of herself. But at the same time it wasn't the same being back. She wasn't a child anymore, at least not according to the Maester and her father. She was the Lady of House Stark now, the eldest female in her family and that came with duties.

Alyssa had to manage the castle, make sure they had enough food stored for winter and make sure her younger siblings attended their lessons. Her day started earlier than her brothers and sister's and ended later. She barely had any time to calm down before she had to do something else.

Another thing that was different from her life here before was the fact that she barely spoke to her father. When her family dined together he wouldn't say much and when he did it was curt, not a word too much. Alyssa didn't know if he was mad at her, or maybe disappointed, but if he didn't want to speak with her she wouldn't chase him around.

But at this moment her father had actually summoned her to his solar and she was nervous. The last time he had summoned she had been sent South for two years, so her head was swirling with possible outcomes of this meeting.

Maybe her father intended to send her to another family far away. His ambitions had already sent her to Highgarden and Sunspear, what would stop him from doing it again? Hoster Tully had a daughter her age or maybe he wanted her fostered with the Lannisters.

Another possible reason was that her father simply was displeased with something she had done. Perhaps he felt that she didn't preform her duties as Lady of Winterfell as good as her mother had.

But the worst possible outcome of this meeting was that she was betrothed. Just the thought of being sent away from Winterfell and be forced to obey another man's will for the rest of her life made her feel nauseous. Suddenly the idea of being fostered by Lannisters didn't seem that horrible anymore.

Alyssa finally reached her father's solar, taking a deep breath before knocking at the door. "Enter" Rickard'a voice was slightly muffled by the door but she heard him loud and clear. When opening the door she realised that she wasn't the only one being summoned, Brandon was already seated on a chair in front of their father's desk. But what surprised her even more was that Maester Walys stood by her father's right, a smug glint in his brown eyes.