CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX

THE GRIEVING WOLF
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE GRIEVING WOLF✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

302 AC, Stark-Targaryen Camp, Riverlands

While Ashton had spent a lot of time with his grandfather learning how to manage the Rock one day, he wasn't prepared for everything it took to be a grown Lord.

Despite the fact that he and Robb were splitting much of the work they had the moment they were still both exhausted. They were fighting a war and no training in the world could ever prepare them for that.

After having spent what felt like years staring at documents he finally had enough of sitting down. He exited his tent, eager to get some fresh air and stretch his legs. Sitting still for too long had proven to be more difficult than one might think. Perhaps he had inherited his father's restlessness after all.

Shadow followed closely behind him, having returned from a nightly hunt with Vermithor and Grey Wind that morning. He ran a hand through Shadow's black fur, remembering a time when he had to crouch down to pat his wolf.

"Lord Ashton!"

Ashton turned around at the call of his name to see Daenerys Targaryen walk towards her. Dresses in a black, yet simple dress, with her long silver-gold hair cascading freely down to her waist she looked every bit like a dragon princess. Yet despite the strength that most people saw behind her violet eyes the Princess looked shy as she approached him.

"Your Highness," Ashton bowed, "How may I be of service to you?"

"You don't happen to have seen Lyrella, have you?" Daenerys asked him, "Rhaegar wanted to speak with her and I offered to find her but I find myself unable to do so."

"I'm afraid I haven't," Ashton said, eyeing the two Unsullied behind the Princess with caution. "Have you tried to look by the training grounds? Edmund told me he found her there a few days ago."

Daenerys looked sheepishly at the ground for a few seconds, "And exactly where are the training grounds? I fear that every time I learn how to navigate through the camp it's taken apart and built up in a different way in a different place."

"I will show you," Ashton offered her, having nothing better to do.

"Oh, I don't want to bother you-"

"You are not bothering me," Ashton assured her, offering a charming smile, "I'd happily show you to the training grounds."