CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE THREAT
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE THREAT ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

303 AC, Stark-Targaryen Camp, Crownlands

Alyssa had always been a logical person. More logical than most actually. Unlike many others she didn't put much faith in Gods; so now when she was about to stand in front of men and women she had known her entire life, she felt like a crazy person.

Some would definitely be easier to convince than others. Rhaegar already believed in the prophecy, so he wouldn't be a problem. Neither would Oswell and Arthur who always had been in on his plan. Connington might argue just because she was the one saying it, but as long as Rhaegar agreed he wouldn't be a problem.

The others might be sceptic, but would accept it once they realised that her and Jon weren't joking. It was the people outside her family that worried her the most. Because how was she supposed to convince an entire kingdom that an army of dead men were marching towards them when she knew that had anyone else said it she would have thought them mad.

"Is this some weird family gathering?" Tyrion asked when they were all seated around the table in the main tent. A few stood behind those seated since the table wasn't made for so many people to be seated around.

"We are not family, Lannister," Oberyn snorted into his goblet.

"Why do you think I said weird?" Tyrion shot back, eyes sweeping the table. "Where is the wine? How come I didn't get any? I never should allowed you to steal my squire."

"Podrick will do more good with Brienne guarding Winterfell than pouring you drinks," Alyssa rolled her eyes. "Edmund, be a star and pour your uncle some wine."

"Why are we all here, Lys?" Oberyn turned to her. "You called for this meeting."

"Perhaps I just wanted to gather all of you here to see you bicker like children," Alyssa shrugged, leaning back slightly in her chair, giving of an aura of indifference. "It's just such a treat to listen to."

"We don't have time for your games-"

"Ever heard of sarcasm, Connington?" Alyssa snorted.  "To explain it in a simple way, so you will understand it; it's when you say something but you actually mean the opposite. Some people use this to show their irritation. For example, when a man who owes her his life continues to question her every word just because he is in-"

"Jon, please refrain from questioning or arguing with everything Alyssa says," Rhaegar interfered before Alyssa could finish her sentence. He sent her a warning glance, knowing very well what she was going to say but Alyssa just gritted her teeth discreetly.