CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

THE SACK OF KING'S LANDING
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE SACK OF KING'S LANDING✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

283 AC, King's Landing

Jaime's least favourite part about being a Kingsguard was definitely when he was forced to stand outside the Queen's chambers when the King preformed his martial duties. Queen Rhaella would scream and beg her brother-husband to stop and all he wanted to do was stop it. But a Kingsguard had vowed to protect the Queen from everyone except for the King.

Since the Queen and Prince Viserys left the Capital his duties had become a little more bearable. The constant burning of innocents was terrible, but he had found a way to bear through it, to pretend that he was elsewhere.

But there was no way he could pretend he was elsewhere in the moment. He remembered when Brandon and Rickard Stark had been burned alive and how Alyssa's screams and cries had broken down his walls and forced him to to come to terms with the situation. This moment had the same effect on him.

It almost felt like he was standing inside the room. Jaime could hear Alyssa's pleads for the King to stop and his heart broke for her. She had lost her husband and not even an hour after the news had reached King's Landing, Aerys was using her as his mistress, or just a release he hadn't been able to get since Rhaella left.

The King hadn't taken any mistresses since the death of Prince Jaehaerys ten years ago, but it seemed like he had changed his mind. Everyone could see that Aerys held a certain fondness towards Alyssa, and it was not only based in the fact that she provided him with good alliances.

She was beautiful of course, anyone could see that. But there was always plenty of beautiful ladies around court, his sister included, and the King had never shown any interest towards any of them. Jaime had of course heard the rumours about Aerys and his affair with his mother, Joanna Lannister. Some claimed that she had given Aerys her maidenhead when he was still the Crown Prince and that she had reigned as his paramour for a while.

Jaime couldn't even imagine his mother with that monster because in the memories of her she was always sweet and gentle. It also truly seemed like she had loved his father, and it was safe to say that Tywin had loved her too sense he hadn't been the same since her death.

He supposed that in a way Alyssa was similar to his mother in the way that she too was sweet and gentle. But as opposed to Joanna Lannister, Alyssa had a certain edge to her. She had a glare that could make a grown man cower in fear and even his father had admitted that she was clever.