CHAPTER ELEVEN

THE DIREWOLF OF KING'S LANDING
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE DIREWOLF OF KING'S LANDING✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

278 AC, King's Landing

Alyssa thought being wed to the Crown Prince of the Seven Kingdoms would feel different, but she felt exactly the same. Maybe it was that she was to stubborn to ever change for anyone or maybe it was the fact that her damn husband still avoided her like the plague.

When she woke up the day after the wedding it was to find the bed empty, but she just assumed that Rhaegar was busy with his duties. But then he continued to ignore her everyday. She had been gifted her own chambers inside the Maegor's Holdfast, next to Rhaegar's own, but that didn't mean she saw him often.

Needless to say that Alyssa was pissed. She knew that love between husband and wife was rare in Westeros but they could at least try to be friends. Or at least she thought so, he apparently thought she was the worst company in the world.

She could count the times she had spoken with him since the wedding on her hands and almost a moon had passed already. Her father and brothers had already left, leaving her alone surrounded by strangers. It had been a solemn day when Brandon and Rickard left for Winterfell and only a few days later had Ned left for the Eyrie with Lord Arryn and Robert.

She had refused to cry in front of her husband and Kingsguards that her joined her to say farewell. But once she reached her room she had allowed the tears to fall freely, refusing to let anyone in until the next morning when Prince Viserys had visited her, asking for her to play with him.

The little lavender eyed prince had completely melted her heart. His wide eyes were filled with such innocence, untainted by the world's horrors. Not to mention that he was always happy to see her and she suspected that it partially was because he didn't meet many people. She had understood that Aerys kept his youngest son pretty isolated, only leaving him in the company of Rhaella or very few servants. Much to her surprise he didn't mind her playing with the little prince and she'd rather not know why, the King's presence always made her uncomfortable.

But a princess couldn't spend all her time playing with a four namedays old prince and that was what brought her to her current situation.

"You are so lucky Catelyn. Brandon really is a handsome man" Ashara smirked at the red headed girl who blushed purposefully.

Alyssa was sitting in the gardens under one of the pavilions overlooking the ocean with her new ladies in waiting. One of the few things Rhaegar had informed her off was that a princess needed ladies and luckily she was actually allowed to pick her own.