CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

THE PLOTTING WOLVES
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE PLOTTING WOLVES✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

300 AC, King's Landing

Tyrion sat inside his chambers with Bronn, drinking wine, something he had found himself doing even more since his father announced his betrothal to Sansa Stark. And Bronn definitely wasn't any help.

"She's a child," Tyrion complained for the tenth time.

"She's a foot taller than you," Bronn pointed out.

"A tall child," Tyrion said.

"What's the youngest you've ever had?" Bronn asked him.

"Not that young," Tyrion said.

"How much older?" Bronn raised an eyebrow.

"Older," Tyrion said, not giving the exact number.

"You're a lord, she's a lady," Bronn shrugged, "And a beauty at that. I don't see the problem."

"Shae isn't going to like it," Tyrion mentioned one of the hundreds of reasons for him not to want this marriage.

"Shae is a whore. Are you gonna marry her?" Bronn asked, "How did marrying a whore work out for you the first time?"

"I should never have told you about that," Tyrion said bitterly.

"You want Shae, keep her," Bronn said as if it was only so simple, "Wed one and bed the other. All you have to do is get a son in the Stark girl. He'll be Lord of Winterfell one day. You can rule the North in his name. You'll have two women and a whole kingdom of your own.

"Two women to despise me and a whole kingdom to join them," Tyrion grumbled, "But lucky me, for I won't even have to live with it for many years because Alyssa will murder me!"

"You claim that the Stark girl is your favourite sister," Bronn said, "Yet you seem to fear her more than you fear your real sister. The one that isn't half a kingdom away and constantly threatens to kill you."

"I know where I have Cersei, she will always hate me," Tyrion shrugged, "I have never been on Alyssa's bad side and I don't want to be there anywhere soon."

"How bad could it be? She is in what - the Riverlands? And you are here in King's Landing. She can't come here and kill you, because she would be arrested before even entering the Keep," Bronn shrugged.