CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE

THE STARKS SEND THEIR REGARDS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE STARKS SEND THEIR REGARDS✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

301 AC, Stoney Sept

"How does it feel to return to the place of your greatest defeat?" Alyssa asked Connington as they stood inside the war tent. Outside the sound of hooves clattering against the ground and men shouting orders at each other revealed that it wasn't a normal day.

Connington gave her his best glared and it only made her smirk widen. With her feet propped up on the table she looked as calm as any day which also seemed to infuriate the Lord of Griffin's Roost.

"I'm just trying to make conversation. There is no need to look at me like I just murdered your entire family," Alyssa rolled her eyes, "Save that anger for the battle instead."

"Can you take anything seriously?" Connington snapped.

"I took it seriously when your beloved King ran away with my sister. But somehow you find a way to judge me for that too," Alyssa pointed out, wondering why Rhaegar was taking such time. "And I think you should worry more about all the men who drink before the battle instead of me for not being like you and pacing like a nervous greenboy."

Jon stopped in his tracks, face turning redder. But luckily she was saved from another scolding by Rhaegar entering the tent dressed in a black armour with the three headed dragon in red across his chest. Despite that his hair had yet to become completely silvery again he looked every bit like a Targaryen King.

"I'm glad you chose to not have rubies on this one," Alyssa told him, "I always found your old armour to be a bit too - flamboyant - for battle."

"I'm glad my armour pleases you," Rhaegar said, sounding a little bit sarcastic. He looked a little anxious and she assumed it was his inexperience in battle. "Is everyone ready to depart?" he asked her.

"Robb and the rest of the boys are ready," Alyssa nodded, "They are with the northerners. But I don't know where all your men are."

"Arthur and Ser Barristan is with Lyrella and Daeryn," Rhaegar explained, "They are ready too. I think." This time she understood his worry and she shared it.

Both Lyrella and Daeryn was going to fight in this battle. They had trained since they were children and now they were going to be in the middle of all the chaos. It was impossible not to worry. A parents' duty was to worry about their children and at war that worry was almost unbearable.